Old Street and Clerkenwell Ministry Staff
Old Street & Clerkenwell. Young people. Jesus.
There’s immense need as well as massive opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the diverse young people of Old Street and Clerkenwell and throughout the area of EC1 with the love and message of Jesus.
Do you have a heart for young people in Central London to live life to the full, learn about Jesus, grow in their faith and develop healthy life and leadership skills? Would you enjoy joining in, building and helping lead a diverse team to be a positive influence in the lives of young people in EC1?
Young Life International (ylinternational.org) is seeking someone to build the work of Young Life International in Old Street and Clerkenwell. Working alongside other established youth work in the area, joining in, building and leading a world class team of staff and volunteers throughout EC1.
YLI in Old Street & Clerkenwell will be working closely with Inspire St. James. As such, the YLI staff worker will be part of the Inspire St. James community, including consistent participation in Sunday worship, small groups and in regular meetings with the Youth and Children's Pastor. The YLI staff will focus on developing ways to connect with and build relationships with young people in the community while also supporting the existing youth work of Inspire St. James.
We have flexibility in this process to adjust the role description, responsibilities and salary to best fit the successful applicant. We have drafted two job descriptions and two related salary brackets for applicants to consider.
The role will focus on:
- working directly with young people
- developing ways to connect with young people in the community
- growing and leading a team of staff and volunteers
- developing relationships with churches, charities and local authorities
- encouraging volunteer engagement
- participating in financial resource development and adult stakeholder involvement and
- equipping and training leaders and influencers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a love of and experience working with young people
- Have a strong Christian faith and Biblical knowledge
- Be entrepreneurial
- Have demonstrated ability to reach out to and support young people and help them grow in their faith
- Have demonstrated ability to effectively recruit and lead leaders
- Have spent time living and working in London; preferably Clerkenwell or a similar community, currently lives in Clerkenwell or is willing to relocate
A strategic new position as Young Life International develops work in urban London, the Old Street and Clerkenwell Ministry staff person will join the 50+ staff in the UK & Ireland, and, along with staff in Westminster, Stratford, Brixton and the Isle of Dogs, will join the staff in New York, Hong Kong and Los Angeles, in Young Life’s Global Cities initiative to mobilise and strengthen Young Life’s work in cities around the world.
Watch this 3-minute video to find out more about Young Life International’s work in the UK & Ireland.
Click here to download the full job descriptions and to apply.
If you have further questions regarding this role or the application process, please get in touch:
Applications should be received by 25th June 2021.
Note: The salary listed for this role is subject to a London Weighting increase of 18.6%