Kingsley and Co children’s bookshop and Literacy Project
About Y Kids
Ykids is a charity with a Christian ethos committed to the empowerment and social development of children and young people with a particular focus on communities in deprived areas of Bootle and South Sefton.
The purpose of this post is to manage the day to day running of the project, bookshop, coffee shop, volunteers and programme of activities and work with the wider Ykids team to develop opportunities for Kingsley and Co to increase impact and positive outcomes for young people.
Kingsley and Co is a Victorian Steam Punk Explorer themed literacy project, bookshop and café based in the Strand shopping centre. The aim of the project is to encourage children and families to engage with books and stories to help improve their literacy skills, thus improving mental health and wellbeing and improving life prospects. We are looking someone with a passion for literature and the skills and ability to manage a creative and dynamic project.
About the Role
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Enterprise Officer
HOURS OF POST: 35 hours per week, some degree of flexibility on work hours required including Saturdays
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To manage the day to day running of Kingsley & Co including bookshop, coffee shop, and classroom bookings
- To develop relationships with key partner organisation (libraries, Reader Organisation, Schools, other charities)
- To support the development and delivery of projects to promote Literacy and well being for children, young people and families.
- To work strategically with the wider Ykids team to improve outcomes for children and young people.
- To work with the Story Keeper to facilitate a creative programme of activities and events to promote literacy and build emotional resilience.eg: Bootle Children’s Literary Festival.
- To draw up and manage staffing rotas
- Oversee bookings and events
- To build on relationships with the Strand shopping Centre and other local community groups and businesses in the centre.
- To manage budgets, invoices, and the keeping of accounts
- To manage and order stock
- To curate curiosities, art work and artefacts
- To oversee visual merchandising including window displays
- To manage the coffee shop offer
- To manage building maintenance, purchase of equipment, etc.
- To be responsible for compliance in areas such as Health and Safety, HR, Health and Hygiene, insurance and all relevant expectations on a food business.
- To ensure all relevant policies are in place and adhered to
- To develop products, source suppliers of products and sources second-hand children’s books
- To develop Kingsley & Co customer and external relationships
- To oversee marketing and social media and publicity campaigns
- To actively seek out and engage with explorers, authors, artists, historians and individuals who will inspire young people and engage with the project.
- To promote and support wellbeing amongst children and young people
- To promote the use of Kingsley and Co as a resource for schools, educators, local business
- To recruit, train and manage project volunteers i.e.: work placements/ gap year workers/ apprentices/interns who express a desire to work within Kingsley and Co.
- To report to the CEO/ line manager on a regular basis
- Monitor and record impact of projects delivered
- Attend regular supervision
- Attend training as identified.
- Comply with Ykids Safeguarding vulnerable adults and children policy and all other Ykids policies and procedures.
- And any other duties that commensurate with the post as directed by the post manager/CEO
To apply, please send a completed Application Form (attached below) to email@example.com.