Community Outreach Worker
Wigton Methodist Circuit
You will be working within Cornerstone Methodist Church, a newly formed church comprising the five chapel communities formally covered by the circuit. Having “streamlined” aspects of the church’s life we have shifted to a shared focus on mission and outreach across all five communities. The Community Outreach post lies at the heart of this missional thinking that we hope will become a way of life for the new church.
The role will involve:
• Developing “Messy Discipleship”
• Shortening the gap between “outreach” and “church”
• Schools and families work
• Developing links with and within communities
We are looking for someone who:
• Is committed to their faith and growing faith in others
• Has a passion for the gospel
• Has an understanding of Messy church and fresh expressions
• Has experience working with families and young people
• Believes the church exists in the community and for the community
The appointment is initially for a three-year term with a starting salary of £23,000 based on a 37.5hr working week.
Deadline 1st March, Interviews 14th March. Start date can be flexible from an immediate start to September 2019.