Summary of Job
- Hours: 15 per week Mon - Wed (with the possibility of this increasing as the café develops)
- Pay: £8,190 pa (£10.50 per hour)
- Job title: Café Manager
- Purpose: Responsible for the management and day-to-day running of the café.
- Reports to: Chair of Trustees
- Holidays: 28 days per annum pro-rata
Wellsprings Community Church Café
Wellsprings Community Church (WCC) is a non-denominational evangelical church, situated on Quantock Road, Taunton, and a registered charity (number 1140895).
Newly built in 2020, the café is an important part of the mission of WCC as we continue to serve the local community and demonstrate the love of God through practical help and support, building relationships between us, members of the community and God. WCC has an outward community focus and the café will be linked into other existing work and new initiatives.
The successful candidate will be the first paid Café Manager and will be entering the role at an early stage in the development of the new café. This presents an exciting opportunity to help shape this venture from the beginning and see it grow with the support of the church and a team of volunteers.
- Recruit, lead and manage church café staff and a volunteer team.
- Take responsibility for the sourcing, ordering and appropriate storage of food to minimise waste.
- Support our Eco Church objectives and Fair Trade principles.
- Control the overall finances of the café along with cash handling, float management and till reconciliation daily.
- Manage record keeping, staff rotas and menus (including identifying food allergens).
- Ensure that all legal requirements are met by you, the café and the volunteers through risk assessments and appropriate training (e.g. first aid and food hygiene).
- Lead the development and implementation of the café strategy.
- Welcome people to the cafe and interact with them in a way which shows them the love of Jesus.
- Work collaboratively with the church for wider events connected to the café.
A full Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form is attached below.
Please return the application form as soon as possible and before 31 July 2020 at the latest to:
Mrs Ruth Jones, Tamarisk, 5 Mountway Close, Bishops Hull, Taunton TA1 5LP
Or send via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org