Night Shelter Team Leader
Urban Outreach (Bolton)
The job role is comprised of sessional night work of 3 x 13hr shifts (7.30pm until 8.30am), on a rota basis of 3 nights on and then 6 nights off, including weekends. 2hrs paid rest time per shift. Some flexibility may be possible, subject to available cover. The salary is £13 per hour. The positions are fixed term until Wednesday 31st March 2020.
- Support the delivery of training to night shelter volunteers.
- Lead night shelter team briefings at the start and end of each shift.
- Welcome and register night shelter guests as they arrive, collecting relevant data.
- Manage the serving of light refreshments to guests.
- Implement established policies and take appropriate action with regard to guests and volunteers within the shelter on your shift.
- Explain key rules to night shelter guests.
- Support and engage in conversations with guests to ensure their well-being and direct them to appropriate services.
- Work with key referring agencies and specialist practitioners and volunteers to help guests access appropriate and timely services.
- Liaise with specialist workers who from time to time, will be available to provide support to guests (e.g. nurse, hairdresser, podiatrist).
- Maintain a positive, friendly and safe environment within the night shelter at all times.
- Help guests settle in and monitor their well-being throughout the night.
- Wake guests up in the morning and manage the serving of a light breakfast
- Maintain night shelter building safety and security at all times.
- Manage the opening up, setting out, clearing away and closing down procedure for each of your shifts.
- Provide hand over briefings and notes to subsequent shifts as appropriate.
To find out more about our night shelter, these job opportunities and how you can apply, please go to: www.urbanoutreach.co.uk/vacancies or ring our office on 01204 385848 and speak with Jeanette our Office Administrator.