ASSISTANT PRODUCER / PRESENTER
Trans World Radio
Trans World Radio is an international Gospel broadcasting network and broadcasts over 1800 hours in 230 languages and dialects each week around the world, by continent-wide satellite networks, over thousands of local stations, and via the Internet.An international staff serves in more than 160 countries.
TWR – United Kingdom broadcasts quality, speech-led Christian radio the Sky, Freesat and Freeview platforms and the internet.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic individual with vision and passion to join our creative and innovative team seeking to develop life changing Christian radio in the UK. The successful applicant will provide comprehensive support for all aspects of programme production, including research, studio operation, presentation and administrative duties. A keen interest in news and current affairs is desirable.
Having a strong interest in radio is essential though no professional qualifications will be required as training will be given – we are looking for someone with a flexible approach and a keenness to learn the skills required to prepare and present Christian radio programmes.
Job Title: Assistant Producer.
Responsible to: CEO and Production Team Leader
Job purpose and primary objective: To enhance TWR-UK’s speech-led Christian radio schedule through programme making within the studio team, and to support the development of TWR's news and current affairs output
- Programme production, editing and auditioning.
- To support all aspects of programme production, including research, studio operation, presentation and administrative duties.
- Other such reasonable duties as may be required from time to time
- To comply with all aspects of TWR-UK’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- To comply with health and safety legislation.
- Duties will inevitably develop and change as the ministry of TWR-UK develops. Employees should therefore expect periodic variations to job descriptions and TWR-UK retains the right to do this where necessary. This job description will be supplemented on a regular basis by individual objectives derived from TWR-UK strategies.
- Where an applicant or an existing employee is or becomes disabled (as defined by law) and informs the CEO fully of their requirements reasonable adjustments will be incorporated into the job description wherever possible.
Attached you will find a job description, and a person specification.
A PDF application form is also attached, which you can print prior to complete by hand, and return to the address below. Alternatively, a Microsoft Word version is also attached and can be completed on your computer and returned as an email attachment. Please note that although we are happy to receive cv’s, a completed TWR application form is also required.
The post is for a two year fixed term with the possibility of extension.
Dr. Russell Farnworth.
Trans Word Radio,
PO Box 606,
Application deadline is the 9th August 2019