Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Salary: £9,000 - £11,000 (Depending on experience) + Expenses + Pension contribution
Hours: 16 hours per week
Holiday: 6 weeks paid holiday p/a
About the Role
We are seeking a highly organised and efficient person to coordinate some of the core operations of our church. The OP-CO is a key figure in the life of the church and must therefore be able to hold sensitive information and respond to all kinds of questions and challenges as they arise; Thus the OP-CO needs to be a reassuring voice with a high level of tact and discretion. As the OP-CO is often the first point of contact for people contacting the church it is also vital that the successful person is a warm and hospitable personality.
- Working closely with the Pastor – responsible to the Pastor and Board of Trustees.
- Occasional attendance at Trustee and other meetings as required by the Pastor.
- Communication to the church on behalf of The Board of Trustees, the Pastor and for areas specified in Job Description.
- Maintaining up-to-date records of all church members in order to communicate effectively. Producing a directory of current church members annually.
- Word processing and circulation of letters, reports and notes at the request of the Pastor and/or Board of Trustees.
- Writing, design and production of a weekly church news email.
- Writing, design, production and scheduling church social media posts on Instagram & Facebook.
- Creating content for, editing and updating the church website.
- Representing the church to external agencies and individuals; responding to enquiries, telephone calls, emails, etc.
- Organisation; administration; promotion of special events when required the Pastor and/or Board of Trustees.
- Admin and communication support for the Safeguarding Team to include, identification and administration of DBS checks, chasing consent forms and arranging training for relevant groups.
- Signposting pastoral support and prayer and delivering pastoral support and prayer as appropriate.
- Liaison with Cleaning Staff & Maintenance Team.
- Liaison with external contractors.
- Liaison with individuals and organisations who rent space at TUFC. Administration of hiring forms and invoices; walk throughs and welcomes; responding to issues on the day of hire.
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date church diary.
- GDPR: Maintaining and updating GDPR records. Ensuring all new members and those providing us with personal data sign the relevant forms or email consent.
- Financial: Administration of petty cash; recording debit card payments for church purchases. Purchasing supplies for Open Church; stationery; housekeeping and cleaning; special events; youth etc.
- Responsibility for Sunday Morning Set Up rota (when building is in use), and other rotas as required.
- Support as required prior to and at weddings [Registrar]; funerals etc.
How to Apply
*Due to the nature of this position it is essential that the applicant has a strong Christian Faith.
If you are interested in this role then we would love to hear from you! Please contact email@example.com for more details or to request a job description and an application form or visit our website www.totnesunitedfree.com.