Coffee Shop Manager
Do you love people and coffee? If so, we might have the perfect role for you! TazZa Coffee, wholly owned by C3 UnitedLife church, is looking to hire our next Coffee Shop Manager, to manage and develop our high-quality coffee shop, designed to connect the local church with the local community through excellent coffee, served with excellence.
TazZa Coffee is wholly owned by C3 UnitedLife, a thriving church across two locations in Epsom/Ewell & Sutton. Run as an independent enterprise, TazZa serves coffee from a local roastery, with high-quality food produced in-store. TazZa has a dedicated board of directors to support the Coffee Shop Manager as required, and to who the Manager reports.
TazZa has been open for over 10 years and enjoys a great reputation amongst other local businesses, charities, and churches for its coffee, service, and community. The primary purpose is to support the wider vision of C3 UnitedLife, which is the “salvation of our boroughs.” The way TazZa achieves this includes, but isn’t restricted to:
- providing a bridge between the church and the public, and outreach into the local community;
- raising the profile of the church and helping connect people to it
- reinvesting back into the local community (including the ministry of C3 UnitedLife) any profit that the Coffee Shop makes – and we are also looking to support other local charities directly
- earning a reputation for excellence in what it does (great coffee, outstanding customer service, and as a friendly, welcoming, and relaxing environment to be with friends or enjoying some “time out”;
- providing an environment where the peace of the Holy Spirit is evident; and
- providing an environment where gospel-sharing opportunities and opportunities to inform visitors about the church and its mission are facilitated;
- Appropriately promoting the church and the Christian faith.
The Purpose of the Role:
To fulfill the purpose of the Coffee Shop, including by running a quality coffee shop that is welcoming, friendly, efficient, and commercially successful. Build and lead a motivated team (both paid and potentially volunteer) who support the aims of the Coffee shop and who aim for and consistently demonstrate high standards in all areas of retail management, making great tasting coffee, establishing a welcoming and friendly environment, and valued customer, supplier, and partner relationships.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prayer for the Coffee Shop and its community.
- Coffee Shop Management
- Staff & Volunteer Management
- Financial Management
- Networking / Working with local partners
The nature of this role, the context in which it is carried out and the direct link to the ethos of the organisation gives rise to an occupational requirement for the post holder to be a Christian.