Youth Track Coordinator
Youth Track Coordinator Job Description
Tastelife is a registered charity No 1158516. It is a supportive and educational charity that aims to inform about eating disorders. It provides tools for recovery for those who suffer and those who care.
- The ethos of tastelife is that everyone has the potential for recovery from eating disorders, but that this can only be done in baby steps that the sufferer is able to believe in. It provides tools to make choices for moving forward.
- tastelife is intended as an additional resource to NHS support – in particular, the tastelife community course is designed to offer help to the many who do not receive NHS care.
- It supports women and men, girls and boys, with any kind of eating disorder (primarily anorexia, bulimia, and binge eating disorder)
- tastelife as a charity is open and applicable to all. Its ethos is based on Christian values while not actively promoting the Christian faith. Its resources are therefore adaptable for, and sensitive to, those of all faiths or none.
This is a unique opportunity to continue work on a new area of expansion for us, into a resource for awareness of eating disorders for use in schools and youth groups. The Youth Track runs separately to our community course and has recently finished development as a 3-lesson module suitable for the PSHE curriculum for KS3. It was piloted in secondary schools across the country and released via our website in Autumn 2019. See www.tastelifeuk.org/youth-track.
Job Title: tastelife Youth Track Coordinator
Reporting to: tastelife CEO and trustees
Location: Home based with occasional visits to Kenilworth and other locations as necessary
Project length: Twelve months, c 15 hours per week with some flexibility; at least one weekend per annum
Status: Project-based self-employed consultancy
Remuneration: £9,000 for the total contract (+ expenses as agreed)
Dates:1st September 2020 - 31st August 2021 (negotiable if available before September). Application deadline:30/6/20
The new tastelife Youth Track Coordinator will be expected, over the year, to:
- Continue and accelerate take-up of the Youth Track by schools and youth groups, and support guest facilitators
- Continue ongoing marketing and promotion for the Youth Track, by attending events, using relevant networks and contacts, and creating publicity
- Pursue partnerships with Youth Work organisations in order to promote the Youth Track
- Provide ongoing support for those who have purchased the material and collect regular feedback
- Build relationships with schools, education authorities and organisations that work within schools to provide pastoral or external support with regards mental health
- Attend conferences and events to promote Youth Track
- Prepare and deliver presentations on Youth Track
- Present progress at tastelife annual conference
- Find funding opportunities for the programme to ensure its longevity
- Consider opportunities to develop more resources for young people eg development of tastelife Community Course for Youth (adapt and produce current community course for under 16s), investigation into Youth Track for primary-age children – Kid’s Track
- Look for opportunities within Youth Track to promote tastelife training (amongst teachers and parents)
- Maintain upkeep of Youth Track pages within the tastelife website, and fulfil physical orders of the Youth Track resource
- Develop and create input for all social media platform for Youth Track
- Contribute to the life and culture of the office team, by attending weekly meetings, offering input for newsletters, taking part in central tastelife activities where appropriate and providing regular updates with regards Youth Track.
We are looking for someone with both the right competencies and skills for the role, and with personal qualities which are consistent with our Values:
Values, behaviours and expectations of your role:
Caring - Primary motivation to care for those with eating disorders and their supporters. Sympathy with eating disorders even if not detailed knowledge. Explain, recognise the need for, and support a schools’ and youth programme for education and early intervention
Resourceful - Committed to ongoing resourcefulness in the area of eating disorders. Bring drive and creativity to ensure continued take-up of the Youth Track, and development of new resources.
Fun - Enjoying bringing back fun - a quality often severely lacking in the world of eating disorders. Look for ways to ensure we promote this course so that it educates both children and adults (teachers, parents), promoting hope rather than unnecessary concern.
Professional - Committed to excellence in provision, in line with our accreditation, but without perfectionism. Be flexible and teachable; prepared to use initiative and take responsibility, but also to utilise the experience and resources of the tastelife team. Specifically, to own the relationship with individual purchasers, schools and youth groups.
Christian - Practising Christian. Understand the Christian values on which tastelife is based. Take part in tastelife team prayers.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience in taking initiative, self-motivation and organisation to achieve goals within a time-bound period
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to construct clear publicity and deliver presentations
- Some experience in working with schools / understanding of the education sector
- Ability to build good relationships with education professionals and to be a team player within tastelife
- Sensitivity to eating disorder issues
- Ability to pursue fundraising leads and bring in funds for the overall project
- Experienced IT skills (Word, Excel and online), and experience working with websites and social media
- Basic budgeting skills
- Own car and happy to travel
Desirable but not essential
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of creating web-based graphic materials
- Experience of working within the charity sector
For more information, or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Di on 07845089400.