Streetlight UK is a small charity with a big determination to see routes out for women in prostitution across the South East. Your role is to implement the charity’s vision of developing Streetlight UK’s aims in Sussex and Surrey, under the supervision of the Director.
Line Manager: Director
Location: Based at Gatwick office and operating across Sussex/Surrey.
Hours of Contract: 35 hours per week
Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR)
Due to the history, context and nature of the role, this post is restricted to female applicants as well as being a Christian under Section 9 of the Equality Act 2010. Many local Churches form part of our support structure for this project and this role is crucial in managing and developing these links.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
1) Organisational management of Streetlight UK support service across Sussex/Surrey, including outreach – police operations, daytime support and all associated projects and activities.
2) To develop and maintain a good understanding of all issues relating to prostitution and to remain informed on Streetlight UK’s activities.
3) Contributing to the overall strategy and implementation of the Streetlight UK Business Plan across Sussex and Surrey, in conjunction with the Director.
4) Operational management of Streetlight UK Women’s Support Workers in Sussex/ Surrey and any other Streetlight UK staff in Sussex/Surrey, with the support of the Director who will supervise overall.
5) Oversee the delivery of Streetlight UK support service in Sussex/Surrey to ensure continuity of outreach and daytime support services, including the preparing of funding and evaluation reports and ensuring funding targets are met.
6) Strategic oversight of relationships and engagement with Streetlight UK stakeholders, including Sussex and Surrey Police, Local authorities and other statutory and non-statutory partnerships locally.
7) Ensure safe recruitment, induction, training, documentation and supervision happens for all Streetlight UK volunteers in Sussex/ Surrey with the support of the Women’s Support Workers.
8) Oversee the administration of outreach activities, including risk assessments, safety procedures and agreed budget.
9) Supervision of the Volunteer Outreach Team, including team meetings and debriefs.
10) Lead/supervise outreach welfare checks and police operations, to ensure smooth delivery of the service and communication between the outreach and daytime support service.
11) Ensure effective monitoring and reporting of all Streetlight UK service user work in Sussex/Surrey, both outreach and daytime support, in partnership with Women’s Support Workers.
12) Collate data from the service into monthly and quarterly reports, available for the Director and Trustees. Ensure that learning and performance management is used to help develop staff/volunteers and the service.
13) Ensure that Women’s Support Workers and volunteers are appropriately dealing with all Safeguarding incidents.
14) Conduct return to work meetings with staff after short term sickness absence and oversee inductions with new starters – supporting with weekly/monthly supervision meetings with staff.
15) Reporting all staff concerns around well-being, engagement and/or performance to the Director.
16) Working with the Director to address staff issues and concerns of staff, as and when they arise.
17) Ensuring and promoting effective clear communication and a positive professional environment is created at all times among staff.
18) Responding to Streetlight UK volunteering enquires in Sussex/Surrey and coordinating other administrative tasks with the Women’s Support Workers.
19) Participate on an agreed ad hoc basis to Streetlight UK fundraising appeals.
20) Provide content for the production of Streetlight UK – monthly news updates and publicity materials.
21) Build an understanding of prostitution, existing support services and available resources both internally and externally with partners across Sussex/Surrey.
22) Co-ordinate all activities with staff and volunteers in Sussex/Surrey in regard to online support and research, including ensuring Streetlight UK’s presence is developed to increase impact and reach to service users.
23) Coordinate and complete an annual data collection of the “sex trade” statistically across Sussex/Surrey.
Organisational and Team
24) Commit to supervision sessions with your line manager and external supervisor when appropriate.
25) Ensure the Streetlight UK database and all documentation is maintained to an excellent standard across the service in Sussex/Surrey.
26) Participation in Streetlight UK annual fundraising campaign.
27) Commit to a good working relationship with the wider Streetlight UK team (based in London) supporting the healthiness of the wider team.
28) Representing the organisation at specified events and networks locally.
29) From time to time the post holder may be required to perform other duties commensurate with their role and abilities, as reasonably required, to facilitate the smooth running of the charity.
(The above job description reflects the position at the time of writing; it is not intended to be a task list but indicates the general level of work involved. It is expected that duties will be reviewed and revised as required.)
For more information, please view the full Job Description and Person Specification attached.
To apply for the role, please email a CV and completed Bio Details Form (attached) to firstname.lastname@example.org