With an annual income of £83m, and total fund portfolio of £123m, and ambitions to treble distributions from our Donor Advised Fund to £220m, we’re scaling up our internal finance team to help us manage this growth. As part of the Finance team you’ll take responsibility for preparing financial reports that inform and shape our plans, from annual financial statements, quarterly balance sheets to monthly management accounts and cash flow forecasts.
You’ll be a safe pair of hands, maintaining and reconciling ledgers and inter-system balances, processing financial data from a range of systems, looking after the organisation’s cashbook, fixed asset register, and fixed term deposit ledger.
Reporting to and working closely with the Financial Controller, this role will deliver timely and accurate information to aid the management and development of the organisation. The main responsibilities of this role are:
- The preparation of various financial reports to meet Stewardship’s internal and statutory obligations, including:
- Annual financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Quarterly Liquidity and Balance Sheet reports for Trustee meetings.
- Monthly Management Accounts.
- Cash-flow forecasting.
- Other ad-hoc and statutory reports such as the quarterly VAT and ½-yearly payment reporting returns.
- Maintenance and reconciliation of ledgers and inter-system balances:
- Processing the transfer of financial data from our donor / other systems, and the reconciliation of resulting transactions and balances.
- To maintain and reconcile the organisation’s cashbook, fixed asset register, and fixed term deposit ledger.
- Review and oversight of the sales ledger.
- The review, calculation and posting of monthly accruals and other adjustments.
- Additional areas:
- Assisting with the delivery of our deposit account service.
- To work with the team to improve our processes and procedures under our Fit For The Future initiatives.