There is great demand for our services and we are seeking to strengthen the team so that we can actively support clients and develop the services we provide so that we can serve the church in the United Kingdom more effectively.
The role involves the preparation and independent examination of year end accounts for our client charities whilst being alert to broader issues (be they related to internal controls, risks, governance, regulation or communications on finance) that may need to be brought to the attention of our clients. The applicant may also, depending on their skills and experience, be asked to provide other ad hoc advice and assistance to clients and be asked to assist with education and training. Our clients are churches and other Christian charities with income below the current audit threshold of £1,000,000.
Key (applicable to all applicants)
- Undertake the preparation of year end accounts for our client charities. For charitable companies and larger charities, this will mean preparing accounts that comply with the Charities SORP.
- Undertake, or review, independent examinations of charity accounts.
- Reviewing the information we receive to identify any significant financial, regulatory or other financial issues that need to be brought to attention of our client charities.
Ancillary (the extent of involvement will depend on the skills and experience of the applicant)
- Provide ad hoc advice to client charities on a whole range of technical issues (which may include advice on accounting issues and arrangements, internal controls, governance and regulatory compliance).
- Helping to develop educational resources and / or deliver training that will our assist the team and / or our client charities.
- As part of the wider Relationship Services Team: seeking to strengthen cross-team collaboration, enabling an integrated service to our partners in ministry, and delivering excellent customer service.
Please complete your application online by clicking here
You will need to provide a copy of your C.V.
For further information, please contact Kofo Abidemi, HR Administrator
Address: 1 Lamb’s Passage, London EC1Y 8AB
Telephone: 020 8502 5600 extension 307