Stand by Me are excited to welcome applications from people who are passionate and highly motivated to join our staff team in Essex as we seek to continue to provide the best level of care to some of the world's poorest children.
We are looking for someone who is proactive with excellent organisational and time management skills to manage their busy workload. The successful candidate must exhibit outstanding attention to detail and computer skills as they will regularly need to accurately update our database, website and documentation. They must also have an ability to write creative updates which inspire our supporters to see the impact their support is making to the children in our care and conveys Stand by Me's motivation to care for children as Jesus would.
This role will involve inspiring churches and individual Christians to pray for and participate in the work of Stand by Me as they demonstrate God's heart for the poor, and as such there is a genuine occupational requirement that the Sponsorship Co-ordinator be a practicing Christian.
- Update internal database records and public website
- Process new sponsorship requests from supporters, matching them with a child to support and updating them each step of the way
- Produce ‘child packs’ to send to sponsors (both e-packs and physical printed copies)
- Review and edit annual progress reports for individual children in our care.
- Manage the contact of sponsors for unpaid subscriptions
- Ensure country fact files are updated as needed
- Respond to customer queries received by phone, email , post and social media promptly and professionally
- Pray with sponsors by phone for their sponsored child’s needs when requested
- Write up our children’s stories to be informative, accurate, and engaging for publication on our website and printed packs, ensuring safeguarding measures are complied with at all times
- Use database exports, mail merge and emailing tools to ensure correspondence personalisation and scheduling
- Proactively contact individual sponsors to provide specific updates on the children they support
- Assist with the distribution of gifts and correspondence between sponsors and the children they support
- Assist with the organisation and management of bulk mailings
- Correspond via email and video calls with overseas staff to obtain information about sponsored children and process these updates promptly
- In accordance with the office schedule, request news and photos from each programme and update staff members and supporters where necessary
- Select and format stories for web articles, social media and newsletters, writing creatively and in the charity style
- In accordance with the annual schedule, write programme newsletters to engagingly and creatively communicate the developments, activities and prayer requests for each of the programmes
General duties related to the role
- Provide administrative support to Sponsorship Manager.
- Represent Stand by Me at Christian conferences, church groups and other events, inspiring Christians to demonstrate God’s heart for the poor by participating in the work of Stand by Me.
- As part of the Stand by Me staff team attend and participate in weekly devotions to pray for the work of Stand by Me and wider issues.
- Assist with Stand by Me’s efforts to obtain more sponsors
- Any other duties that the Sponsorship Manager considers necessary or appropriate.
- This post will have a requirement to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- The role may also involve an occasional short-term international trip (up to 2 weeks in duration) to visit our project sites. You will be expected to provide basic training to overseas staff on child sponsorship matters, pray with and pastorally support staff, and lead bible-based activities with the children.
Individuals interested in applying for this post should submit a Cover Letter (not exceeding 500 words) highlighting how your experience makes you a suitable candidate, your CV, and the attached Application Form.
Applications should be submitted no later than Sunday 7th March 2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post: FAO Esther Dean, Stand by Me, 630 Upper Brentwood Road, Romford, Essex, RM2 6HS
|SBM Job Description & Person Specification - Sponsorship Co-ordinator, Romford Office||646.32 KB|
|SBM Application Form||369.04 KB|
|SBM Statement of Faith||625.55 KB|