St Peter's Brighton
Our vision at St Peters Brighton is to see the reevangelisation of the nation, the revitalisation of the church and the transformation of society. Each member of staff plays a key role in contributing to our vision. Our mission is bigger than any individual task but together our work contributes to the bigger picture. As a Christian organisation our faith is an integral part of our working culture.
Ministry Vision Statement
To be a community that confidently parents our children for faith in the every day and to being a church that releases children who are:
- Fully engaged in drawing near to God
- Radically loving one another
- Spurring each other on to do good things
- Playing their part in our church and our city
- Whole heartedly pursuing the Spirit
- To support and implement the strategy for Kids Church
- To co-ordinate and jointly oversee the termly Kids Church programme, parties and other outreach events.
- To help recruit, train and equip an outstanding team of volunteers: empowering them to use their own strengths and gifts to deliver a dynamic and fun Kids Programme
- To provide pastoral care to the children in the church and members of the Kids team to help them grow in their faith, knowledge of the Bible, understanding of being a disciple of Jesus, awareness and capacity to live a Spirit-led life, and to find their place within our church family.
- To be responsible for the day to day tasks of implementing St Peter’s Brighton safeguarding policy within the Kids ministry (DBS checks, volunteer training, risk assessments, etc)
- To play an active part in the wider St Peter’s team, contributing to whole church events and liaising closely with those involved in working with children and young people in the church and community
- To ensure that effective administration and record keeping is maintained for all aspects of the work
- To work closely with the HTB Focus Kids Team to support and implement the Focus Kids programme
St Peter's Brighton