St Peter's Battersea
Please note that initial phone interviews for this role will be taking place on Tuesday 30 April, and in person interviews will take place on Thursday 2 May.
St Peter's Battersea (www.spb.church) is looking for an Operations Manager to manage, oversee and drive forward all the operational elements of the church so that every resource (time, money, gifts and equipment) is used as effectively as possible to fulfil our vision of loving God, being family & bringing hope in Battersea & Beyond.
- Human Resources
- Lead all HR processes to ensure that every church employee is nurtured and supported
- Manage staff recruitment, new staff enrolments, staff contracts and handbooks, staff away days and training, appraisals, annual leave and sick leave processes.
- Ensure pastoral staff are effectively liaising with Parish Safety Officers (PSOs) for safeguarding and risk assessments.
- Church Finances
- To manage all the church financial operations, including giving
- Produce and develop quarterly reporting against yearly budget
- Support Administrator with monthly bookkeeping
- Renew and renegotiate key financial contracts with outsourced suppliers.
- Church leadership & clergy support
- Support Priest in Charge in preparing for regular church meetings, including PCC, PCC Exec, CG Leaders, Clusters etc.
- Support with developing preaching rota
- General ad hoc support for Priest in Charge where required.
- Church administration
- To manage the overall administration of the church, including line managing the Administrator and chairing weekly team meeting
- Support & drive yearly and termly team planning
- Oversee processes to ensure they are efficient and accessible, and that connections from the community are effectively followed-up with.
- Oversee communications from church ensuring cohesive branding and content
- Produce church communications materials
- Maintain and update church website with support from the Administrator
- Manage weekly e-newsletter (The Scoop).
- Church Buildings & hire
- Line manage the Facilities Coordinator
- Oversee hiring out of buildings, including developing policies
- To ensure buildings (Church, Centre, Flats) and facilities are suitable for the church’s ministry requirements.
- Working with tenants to ensure positive working relationship
- IT & other equipment
- Oversee church IT system, particularly developing system in liaison with church’s IT service management company
- Oversee care of all church equipment including phones, AV equipment, kitchen facilities etc.
- Event management
- Work with appropriate members of the staff team to deliver key events in the life of the Church, including ‘God Loves Battersea’, Alpha and the Church Weekend Away.
St Peter's Battersea
London, City of