Children's and Youth Worker
St Michael’s is a vibrant and friendly Anglican church in north London that has a warm and ready welcome for everyone.
We are a thriving Christian community with a primary vision to ‘proclaim Jesus Christ as the hope of the world.’
Community is important to us; at St Michael’s we worship, fellowship and transform together to the glory of God.
About the Role
Job Title: Children's and Youth Worker
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: £20,000 plus accommodation
*Please note that this role comes with a salary and accommodation - see our website for further details.
We are seeking to appoint a children’s and youth worker who is able to use this opportunity to start something new. You will preferably have prior experience in working with children, and can bring enthusiasm, warmth and leadership to this exciting and important role. We are looking for someone who has the skills and calling for this role, who wants the challenge of leading us all in such a crucial part of the church family. The position is a central one in the church, and you would be supported by willing and able volunteers in the weekly activities, and by all clergy and trustees.
It also comes with accommodation in a garden flat in the vicarage, which allows you to make your home in the heart of the community. If you have family or other responsibilities, you are welcome to apply. We are looking for someone who has the skills and calling for this role, who wants the challenge of leading us all in such a crucial part of the church family.
The church has very close links to St Michael’s Primary School, where you would have the opportunity to encourage the pupils on their own Christian pathway; getting involved with assemblies and bringing families and Year 6’s into our church. Music is an important part of the church life, with both a traditional choir and a worship band. There are a number of children in the choir who sing in the church each month.
- To be responsible for all activities, groups and events for children in Nursery - Year 6, including being part of and organising volunteers for the weekly Sunday Church Rota.
- Provide oversight for the youth in Year 7 to Year 11; including being part of and organising volunteers to run a programme of events on at least one evening a week.
- To work with clergy and others in developing, planning and running the children and youth ministries at St Michael’s Vision and Strategy
- To contribute to and lead the vision for St Michael’s children and youth ministry.
- To oversee the creation and implementation of a year-round programme of activities for young people at St Michael’s.
- To build relationships with St Michael’s Church of England Primary School, building a bridge between school and church.
- To lead St Michael’s youth on a Christian camp
- To keep the Sunday School (Light Groups) provision at St Michael’s under constant review, and to ensure that materials, training and support for the volunteer team are provided for all age groups.
- Develop, grow and lead the team of volunteers involved in children and youth ministry at St Michael’s.
- To help young people explore the Christian faith in a fun, creative and dynamic way so they can come to faith and grow in it.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role then we would love to hear from you! Please send a completed application form to email@example.com.