About the HeartEdge team
HeartEdge supports churches in blending their mission around four key areas:
- Congregation – Inclusive approaches to liturgy, worship and day-to-day communal life
- Compassion – Models of outreach serving local need and addressing social justice
- Culture – Art, music and ideas to re-imagine the Christian narrative for the present moment
- Commerce – Commercial activities that generate finance, creatively extending and enhancing mission and ministry through social enterprise
HeartEdge supports its partners in finding their stories, sharing resources and connecting effectively with others developing their church and community. We create spaces where members give from their experience and take from others – an exchange that’s often inspiring, always compelling, and mutually useful for all participants. We want HeartEdge to be an essential resource and a valuable community, as you develop your church and neighbourhood.
About the role
This is an interesting, wide ranging and supporting role requiring a broad range of skills. You will be working closely with clergy, congregation, office admin, verging team, events, catering, concerts, retail teams, contractors and HeartEdge partners. Therefore, excellent communication and relationship building skills are a key part of this role, as well as an ability to be pastorally sensitive in all communications.
It offers not only breadth of experience but also a range of responsibilities from participation and involvement to roles of leadership. The aim is to be able to give a wide experience of ministry at the heart of the life of this church and at the same time to draw on the Pastoral Assistant’s own gifts and faith at a time of growth in the life of St Martin’s and HeartEdge.
Working at St Martin’s
- Based at - St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London
- Working pattern - Five regular days each week: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
- Salary - £22,000 plus workplace pension
- Term – 18 month contract (1 March 2020 – 31 August 2021)
- Holiday entitlement - 25 days per annum, plus 8 bank holidays
- Perks - Free filter coffee and tea throughout your working day, 20% discount in the Café in the Crypt/Courtyard, Shop (excluding books) and limited concert concessions
- Notice period – 1 month
How to apply
To apply for this post, please email the following to email@example.com by 9.00 am on 29 January 2019:
- A supporting statement, explaining why you believe you can do this role
- A comprehensive CV detailing your relevant achievements in each role, and including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer (we will not contact them without your permission)
If you would like to chat about this role, please call a member of the Human Resources Team on 020 7766 1119/1101. Interviews will be held on 7 February 2020.
London, City of