Shine West Bowling
**This Operations Manager opportunity is being handled by Christian Jobs in the first instance as part of an outsourced recruitment campaign (RPO). All applications will be handled by a member of the Christian Jobs team**
Shine West Bowling is a vibrant hub of activity on the outskirts of Bradford city centre. Shine grew out of need to address the impact of poverty in West Bowling and to improve life for all. The charity has continued to grow, successfully supporting hundreds of people each month. Shine offers a broad range of activities as well as personal support, helping those in the area find social wellbeing, healthy wellbeing, inner wellbeing, natural wellbeing and economic wellbeing. For more information on Shine West Bowling click here
The role of Operations Manager is new to Shine, we are looking for someone who will manage the daily business of the charity, lead a passionate team of staff and volunteers and work alongside the CEO and trustees to establish a long term strategic vision. As Shine has grown there is a need to develop our partnerships and communications with supporters, this role will play a vital part in setting and delivering a new communications strategy.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about bringing transformation to people’s lives, setting them free from life controlling issues.
- Daily delivery of the operational systems and processes in support of the Shine’s mission, including the day to day management of staff and volunteers.
- Playing a significant role in long-term planning, including initiatives geared towards operational excellence in partnership with CEO and Trustees where appropriate.
- Developing and leading communications strategy
- Oversight of social media and website output
- Supporting management reporting, information flow and management, business process and planning.
- Developing and overseeing individual program budgets.
- Conduct financial payments
- Delivering effective and cost efficient work through support services and project partners.
- Oversight of site usage and space rental.
- Driving initiatives in the team that contribute to long-term operational excellence and community growth.
- Ensuring there is a consistent and clear offer to the public of Shine’s services.
- Oversight of staff and volunteers and ensuring work programmes are managed effectively.
- Policy development and implementation in partnership with CEO
- Co-ordinating and delivering training for staff and volunteers
- Scrutiny of Lamplight database system.
- Oversee collection of qualitative data.
- Conduct DBS checks on staff, volunteers and visitors where necessary.
- Report to CEO and Trustees
- Significant experience leading a team
- A quick learner with the ability to manage their own workload
- Ability to delegate and supervise staff workloads
- Experience delivering a communications strategy
- Experience working own initiative
- Ability to manage a budget
- Ability to complete funding applications
- Ability to communicate well with clients and partner organisations
- Knowledge of the charity sector
- Excellent office and administrative skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of life controlling issues such as debt or addiction
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector
- Experience using databases
- Experience collecting qualitative and quantative data
- Significant experience leading a team.
- Degree level or higher
- The candidate must be able to actively participate in prayer, small, group and corporately, as an expression of own personal faith and in leading Shine.
Salary & Interview Dates
4 Days (0.8FTE) £26,470
Employer pension contribution 6%
Open for applications: 12th July 2019
Deadline: 9am - 2nd September 2019
Interviews beginning week of 16th September
Shine West Bowling