Digital Content & Communications Officer
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience of successful creative digital engagement, including managing social media tools and in the production of marketing campaigns using Adobe Creative Suite and e-marketing platforms. We are also looking for someone with excellent communication and implementation skills, who will enjoy the challenge of working in a growing team at a time of transition. This role requires someone motivated by their Christian faith with a personal interest and concern for the people of the Middle East and North Africa.
The Communications Team sits within the External Engagement Department, ensuring a high level of content, quality, style and messaging for all the internal and external communications of SAT-7 UK. It manages all editorial and publication processes and a range of themed communications and campaigns to external channels, including digital, news, public relations and media. It also acts as a hub, developing and profiling resources and materials for all teams. The teams work together on various projects and activities to ensure that every aspect of the strategy is connected and delivers a coherent public brand, maximising every potential opportunity for engagement, influence and income.
The Digital Content & Communications Officer (DCCO) reports to the Communications Manager and has overall responsibility for digital content creation, digital marketing and social media.
- CONTENT: Create and deliver engaging and inspiring rich media content across a range of digital channels, including web, email, social media and other digital marketing platforms.
- EMAILS: Work with colleagues in the Communications Team and across the organisation to build, test and send responsive email templates for all SAT-7 UK’s email requirements (meeting SAT-7’s brand guidelines and conforming to industry standards). Use Email marketing tool DotDigital to develop automated communications that strengthen supporter engagement and convert recipients into committed donors.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Develop the strategy for and oversee all social media platforms, including reviewing insights and analytics for different platforms. Work closely with other team members to deliver strong social media content and engagement across various platforms, chiefly Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- MARKETING: Oversee digital marketing of SAT-7 resources and campaigns through social media advertising, external agencies and other channels as required, to engage more deeply with existing supporters and donors, acquire new supporters and to raise funds for SAT-7 UK.
- WEBSITE: Support the Digital Communications Officer in developing and updating SAT-7’s website www.sat7uk.org as an inspiring platform to raise profile, income and engagement.