Digital Communications Officer (Maternity cover)
SAT-7 UK is looking to recruit a digital Communications officer to help make God’s love visible through satellite TV and digital media – to millions of people across the Middle East and North Africa.
SAT-7 STRATEGY: SAT-7 is a strategic international satellite and digital media network, working to see a growing Church in the Middle East and North Africa, confident in Christian faith and witness, serving the community and contributing to the good of society and culture.
The principal role of SAT-7 UK is to support this vision and mission. Through highlighting the work of SAT-7 and the needs of the MENA churches and region, we seek to encourage our supporters in the United Kingdom to pray regularly, to engage actively and to provide funding and resources towards the work of this vital ministry; helping to support the broadcasting of the Christian message into the homes and hearts of the millions of people watching and engaging with SAT-7’s programmes.
SAT-7 PEOPLE: This role could be home working or based at the SAT-7 UK office in Chippenham and is part of a team of around 17 staff (full-time, part-time and home workers). The team meets together in the office (and virtually) every day for 15 minutes to read the Bible and to pray for the ministry, the MENA region, for each other and for our supporters.
SAT-7 FAMILY: We are part of the wider SAT-7 international family and regularly connect with our international office in Cyprus, our ‘studio’ offices in Beirut, Cairo, Istanbul and London as well as other ‘support’ offices in Europe, the US, Hong Kong or Brazil. We get to meet each other at our annual Network gathering, held in one of the main regional office locations and it’s always an inspiring event for partners, supporters and staff.
The Digital Communications Officer (DCO) has overall responsibility for SAT-7 UK's website, social media and email communications.
The DCO is part of SAT-7 UK's Communications Team which sits within the External Engagement Department, ensuring a high level of content, quality, style and messaging for all the internal and external communications of SAT-7 UK. It manages all editorial and publication processes and a range of themed communications to external channels, including digital, news, public relations and media. It also acts as a hub, developing and profiling resources and materials for all teams. The teams work together on various projects and activities to ensure that every aspect of the strategy is connected and delivers a coherent public brand, maximising every potential opportunity for engagement, influence and income.
- CONTENT: Through the content planning process, plan and deliver the content of the website, social media and email.
- WEBSITE: Develop SAT-7’s website www.sat7uk.org as an inspiring platform to raise profile, income and engagement. The DCO is responsible for the development, functionality, maintenance and uploading of content, for ensuring consistent messaging, branding and tone of voice for the intended audience and that all content and images conforms to brand and style guidelines, and for security and data policies.
- EMAILS: Work with colleagues in the Communications Team and across the organisation to build, test and send responsive email templates for all SAT-7 UK’s email requirements that meet SAT-7’s brand guidelines and conform to industry standards.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Develop the strategy for and oversee all social media platforms including reviewing analytics for the different platforms. Work closely with the Communications and Press Officer to deliver a strong social media presence across various platforms, producing content for Facebook and Instagram.
- MARKETING: Oversee digital marketing of SAT-7 resources and campaigns through social media advertising, external agencies and other channels as required, to acquire new supporters and raise funds for SAT-7 UK.
Role: Digital Communications Officer
Contract term: Maternity Cover
Location: based in our Chippenham office
Candidates should have the right to work in the UK.
Salary range: £20,000 to £23,000 pro rata
Hours: up to 22.5 hours / week
Annual Leave: 25 days (pro rata)
Closing Date: January 19th 2020
- For an informal conversation about the role would help, please email email@example.com.
- Please note that applications are welcome before the closing date and we may call for interviews and appoint earlier if a suitable candidate is found.
How to apply:
To apply for this role please complete the application form and send along with your CV and cover letter found at https://www.sat7uk.org/work-with-us/digital-officer/. Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org