Main Purpose of the Role
Romsey Mill are supporting St Andrew's Church Stapleford in the recruitment of a youth worker.
As an employee of St Andrew’s, the Church of England parish church for Stapleford, you will provide opportunities for young people in Stapleford (aged 9 to 18, but mainly 11 to 14) to hear the gospel, you will communicate the gospel to them in words and activities, and you will participate fully as the church youth worker in the life and work of St Andrew’s. The role will include Sunday work either during or at church services, and out of school youth clubs and other seasonal and one-off activities.
- Lead youth group during St Andrew’s Sunday morning service or support junior church as necessary, and also during evening services if such provision becomes necessary.
- Lead out of school church youth clubs giving young people the opportunity to hear the gospel and participate in suitable activities.
- Lead annual year 6 transition outreach project run by St Andrew’s.
- Attend All Age services once a month at St Andrew’s encouraging attendance and participation by those attending Sunday morning or other church youth clubs
- Help plan and run monthly Sunday evening informal Connect services
- Outreach work, including projects within the parish, and possibly school assemblies.
- Attend Stapleford village events and encourage participation by members of church youth groups. In addition to the duties set out in this job description the worker may, from time to time, be required to undertake additional or other duties as necessary with his or her capabilities and status to meet the needs St Andrew’s, Stapleford.
Salary: £19,945 – £20,751 pro rata, depending on qualifications and experience
Hours of work: up to 18.75 hours per week