Main Purpose of the Role
Shelford and Stapleford Youth Initiative
As an employee of SSYI, a small local Christian Charity, you will support current youth work provision led by SSYI providing opportunities with children and young people (11 to 18) to overcome disadvantage, promote inclusion and develop personal, social and spiritual wellbeing and in particular develop and deliver support for vulnerable and ‘at risk’ girls.
You will work with the SSYI Lead Youth worker in developing Youth work provision in the Shelfords, Stapleford and the surrounding areas. You will provide a safe place for the social contact between young people and to help them to discover positive channels for their energy, creativity and frustrations with the world. Furthermore, you will offer an alternative to discourage drug and alcohol abuse and anti-social behaviour, encouraging personal development, physically, spiritually, and in use of talents and gifts, especially in service to others. The delivery of SSYI’s youth work provision is managed by Romsey Mill.
1) Delivery of work with Young people - 80%
- 80% - Develop and deliver support for vulnerable and ‘at risk’ girls.
- Build relationships with ‘at risk’ and disadvantaged young people and develop youth work provision in response to their needs building confidence, character, skills and aspirations.
- Be a face-to-face contact with the public, representing SSYI to individuals and organisations and reflecting the Christian values of the organisation to those whom the organisation serves
2) Work with Partner Organisations - 10%
- Liaise and work collaboratively with a range of organisations and agencies including schools (notably Sawston Village College), voluntary sector groups, churches, Cambridgeshire County Council, Parish Councils and housing societies in developing effective youth work provision in designated area of work.
3) Administration, monitoring and reporting - 10%
- Work within SSYI’s policies and procedures e.g. health and safety, lone working, safeguarding etc.
- Actively engage in team meetings and undertake appropriate monitoring and evaluation of work.