Operations Lead Worker
Job Title: Providence House Operations Lead Worker
Position: Part Time
Hours: 22.5 hours a week including evenings and weekends, flexible working
Responsible to: Providence House Director
Location: Providence House, 138 Falcon Road, London SW11 2LW.
Holiday: 16.8 days (3 of which are taken between Christmas and New year) plus Bank Holidays)
Probation period: 3 months (with a 2-week notice period)
The Providence House Trust (PHT) is a vibrant and diverse youth centre in Falcon Road, Battersea, close to Clapham Junction station, working with children, young people, individuals and families from the neighbouring communities.
Overall Job Description:
As a community-based Youth Charity, youth engagement is at the heart of everything Providence House does, and the Operations Lead Worker (OLW) will play a key part in supporting the infrastructure of the whole operation.
This will be a part-time role, overseeing finance and contract management, human resources, building management, and working alongside the Children and Families Worker and Youth and Creative Arts Worker in the Senior Leadership Team, that is led by the PHT Director.
General Occupational Requirement
As we are a Christian organisation and this post forms part of our Senior Leadership Team it is a requirement for you to have an active personal Christian faith.
The Operations Lead will be part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and attend weekly SLT meetings with fellow Leads, and willing to undertake training to further professional and personal development, as needed to thrive in the role.
Key Responsibilities for the role:
- To work as an effective and enthusiastic member of the SLT upholding the mission, values and ethos of the Trust
- To contribute fully in discussions about project budgets, helping to identify the funding needed for each project and be accountable for the use of expenditure ensuring that budget is adhered to
- To contribute fully in discussions on all IT and telecom infrastructure work
- Work with PH Director in the recruitment and induction of team members – paid and unpaid
- As part of the SLT the Operations Lead will also contribute towards the strategic direction and development of the mission, values and ethos of the Trust
- As part of the SLT contribute to the planning and organisation of PHT events.
Finance & Contract Management
- Oversee contract accountability, helping to ensure the conditions are fulfilled thereby ensuring constancy and longevity of work and ensuring required quality and reporting standards are met
- Oversee the collection of appropriate data to provide regular reports to partners and the Fundraising Team
- In partnership with the Director negotiate effective contracts, enabling the development and growth of the services provided by Providence House
- Support the Fundraising Team and the Director in identifying the funding needed to guarantee longevity and growth
- Using the bookkeeping programme in use by Providence House, ensure all financial records are accurately updated on a weekly basis, and oversee the work of the PHT Bookkeeper
- Ensure payroll is completed correctly and on time, ensuring that HMRC and the Pensions provider returns are submitted on time
- With the Director, prepare a monthly financial report and present it to the Finance Trustee.
Responsibility for Human Resources
- Ensure that contracts reflect current legislation, and that changes are communicated to Team members as appropriate
- Stay up to date with current HR good practice and ensure Providence House operates safely
- Contribute to risk assessment reviews, evaluating and mitigating risk to ensure the highest level of service and safeguarding to the organisation
- Oversee the development of policies and compliance in conjunction with the Director and Administrator
- Oversee the safe management of the premises and buildings and equipment compliance & upkeep
- Manage the premises, cleaning and maintenance team, including contractors from time to time.
- Manage use of the building by Partner Organisations
- Oversee the safe management of the recording studio and media room with the Studio and Media Team
- SLT; Funding Team, Administrator, Bookkeeper, Premises Team.
- Self motivated:
Able to work on own and to remain focused and proactive
- Excellent interpersonal skills:
Able to interact well with key stakeholders, supporters, funders and team, whether they are part of the of a faith community or statutory partners
Able to work in a professional manner being welcoming to all no matter of orientation, race or belief
Able to respond appropriately when situations arise or change
Able to manage own time well and process work in a timely manner as well as keeping a rhythm and flow to work
- Strong financial experience
Competent at budgeting, cash flow and bookkeeping
- Team player
Enjoys encouragement of team cooperation and empowerment
- IT skills
Skilled in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Office 365
Education, Qualifications and Training
- Experience in finance management, HR, and premises management;
- Commitment to continuing professional development;
- Hold a full driver’s licence, minibus experience and MIDAS qualification is desirable.
GOR (General Occupational Requirements)
It is required for the purposes for this role that the Operations Lead is a committed and practising Christian as the role is an extension of this charities’ outreach and commitment to young people. Therefore the ethos of the Trust must be able to be expressed and delivered with all integrity which the Trust believe can only be exercised by a committed and practising Christian.
138 Falcon Road, London SW11 2LW
020 7228 0433
The Providence House Trust: Charity Number 1181473