We have an exciting opportunity available for a General Manager to join the leadership team of a stunning holiday park based on the West Coast of Scotland. This role will suit a candidate who has previous experience in the leisure/hospitality industry and proven leadership ability in a Christian organisation. The General Manager will take lead responsibility for the day-to-day running of the park, together with the Park Manager.
Port Ban Holiday Park Ltd is a family owned business run by an Operational Board (OB) composed of the General Manager (GM), the Park Manager (PM) and Non-Executive OB Director. The GM is required to report to and is a member of the Supervisory Board (SB) composed of a Chairman, Company secretary and the GM.
The SB is responsible for setting business and spiritual policy and strategy, overseeing the OB (including PBCF) and reporting to the Shareholders.
The Port Ban Christian Fellowship (PBCF) runs the spiritual activities on the Park and is answerable to the OB.
- To arrange and chair Operational Board Meetings and attend Supervisory Board meetings and Shareholder meetings
- To work with the Elders and Supervisory Board in the reviewing and long term planning of the Port Ban Christian Fellowship (PBCF). This includes organising and chairing PBCF planning meetings with the Elders and others as necessary, but at least annually.
- To co-ordinate (and lead when necessary) PBCF activities To plan and lead staff team devotions regularly.
- To ensure compliance in all areas of health and safety and human resources
- To directly manage the work of the Reception, café and shop managers, caravan cleaning and activities managers.
- To provide duty cover, on call, and to ensure an emergency reception is available for the site 24/7, throughout the season, in conjunction with other staff as agreed.
- To ensure and maintain excellent customer service provision throughout the season, including eliciting and responding to customer feedback and liaison with the Tenants’ Association.
- To be the link with the local community, County council, Tourism bodies and local Christian organisations.
- To make sure the link with the holiday park associations, incl. BHHPA and CCI, are maintained.
- To oversee the marketing, including website maintenance and advertising in Social Media
- To oversee the management and spiritual wellbeing of all staff, full-time, part-time and seasonal.
- Provide direction and overrule (if necessary) the PM where mission and goals are clearly at risk and where it is not feasible to consult with the operational board when there is such a disagreement.
- For anything unforeseen arising between operational board meetings which would normally require OB approval and can’t wait, then the GM as Chairman must make an interim decision pending the meeting, after first attempting to consult with the OB (and failing that, SB) if time.
For more information, please view the documents below.
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com