Deputy CEO (Operations, Language School, Plymouth)
ODILS LEARNING FOUNDATION
This full-time Deputy CEO role is at Senior Executive level representing Christian –
based ODILS alongside the CEO. The charity, through this role, requires strong leadership
and management of day to day operations including financial operations relating to the
Language School and Plymouth based operations. The role involves working closely with
the CEO to continue to develop and implement ODILS strategic vision. This Post holder will
be responsible for updating and implementing all organizational policy, procedure, process
and systems. ODILS has an established position of respect within Plymouth Educational,
Political, Statutory and Community services and viewed as a learning centre of excellence.
The school reflects quality, client-centered services reflecting best practice. The post-holder
will continue to develop this reputation within Plymouth and beyond.
Leading from the front we expect the post-holder to excel in motivation and integrity, with
the ability to demonstrate compassion and kindness to all. It is essential that effective and
timely communications to CEO and Board of Trustees is considered a priority.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a mature committed Christian faith
and a track record of leadership within the context of personal, family, church life and
previous employment. To have clear understanding that ODILS operates within a strong
Christian ethos and culture reflecting the charities vision, mission, core values and
Whilst ODILS is a Christian Charity, not all posts require an occupational requirement. However, the post of Deputy CEO (Plymouth Operations ) is a Christian Leadership position, strategically enabling ODILS education and training vision, but also safeguarding its Christian foundation and upholding charitable values both in the UK and overseas. It is essential the post-holder is a committed Christian and able/willing to model a clear Christian example and share their faith journey/story with all. It is a requirement of ODILS that the appointee is able to accept the Evangelical Alliance Basis of
Faith and be willing to provide references from their minister/ pastor / priest.
Deputy Chief Executive ( Business Support and Operations, Plymouth)
Outline Terms and Conditions of Employment
Salary c 28,000 – 33,000 pro rata depending on experience.
- Contractual Working Hours – Full Time, 35 hours per week between Monday-Friday: 9.00 – 5.00, with a one-hour, unpaid lunch break. (Flexibility will also be required for some travel and occasional evening meetings)
- Pension is via auto enrolment. If choosing to opt in 3% employer contribution for 2019/2020 with 5% employee contribution.
- Holidays pro-rata: 30 days per year, plus Bank Holidays.
- The post requires the post-holder to undertake an enhanced DBS prior to commencing this post and may be required to be reviewed annually.
- Be required to subscribe to Evangelical Alliance Statement of Faith and provide a Church leader as one of the references.
For more information please read the attached job description and person specification.