Hub Leader, Media CityUK
Oasis Community Learning
*This role has an occupational requirement for applicants to actively embrace the Christian ethos and values of Oasis
Make a real and lasting difference through community transformation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hub Leader to join the team at Oasis Hub Media CityUK.
An Oasis Hub at Media CityUK is the joining together of all the work Oasis does in any one place, which includes the operation of a school, a church and a range of youth and community work.
The purpose of the Hub is to serve the whole person and the whole community and to ensure that people are able to flourish socially, physically, emotionally, spiritually, educationally, environmentally, morally. Our vision is for a community where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their God-given potential. Oasis Hub Media CityUK was launched in 2014 and is situated in Ordsall, Salford, with a big focus on developing a community movement, the Hub has developed a range of initiatives to support children, adults and families.
About the Role
The Hub Leader will lead church development (working closely in partnership with the United Reform Church) and lead the development of all the youth and community work at Oasis Hub Media City UK, holding the vision of integrated community delivery, which will include a range of services such as advice services, emergency support services, children’s/youth work, targeted families work and chaplaincy.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience of leading church development
- Have experience of leading entrepreneurial community delivery
- Have experience of growing projects from the initial start-up phase through to maturity
- Possess a proven ability to grow and lead teams
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Thrive under pressure and successfully manage conflicting demands and competing priorities
- Be committed to working in accordance with the Oasis ethos.
Our ethos and values
Our ethos is an expression of our character – it is a statement of who we are and therefore the lens through which we assess all we do. This is encapsulated by the following five statements:
- Passion to include everyone
- A desire to treat everyone equally, respecting differences
- A commitment to healthy, open relationships
- A deep sense of hope that things can change and be transformed
- A sense of perseverance to keep going for the long haul
For an informal, confidential discussion about this role please contact Janet Berry, Oasis Community Partnerships Director on 07557 083297 or by emailing email@example.com
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your completed Oasis Application Form and Equal Opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12noon on Monday 2nd September
Please note, CVs alone will not be accepted as you will need to request an application pack.
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD AT OASIS HUB MEDIACITYUK AS FOLLOWS: 17th September 2019
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff with be subject to appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and referencing.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 11683889