Community Hub Leader
Oasis Charitable Trust
Community Hub Leader
Oasis UK is a ground-breaking global Christian movement and group of charities and social enterprises working in 51 community hubs located in 11 countries across the world.
We create a new sense of neighbourhood in communities that had previously been forgotten by society and our community hubs enable people to come together and fulfil their potential.
We are also raising the educational bar through our academies. A family of 52 educational institutions serving over 28,000 students from a variety of backgrounds, our academies seek to close the educational gap that exists between disadvantaged students and their more privileged counterparts.
We are currently looking for a Community Hub Leader to lead our MediaCityUK Hub, which comprises an academy, church and a range of youth and community work.
- Salary of £31,371 - £35,934 per annum
- Local government pension scheme
- Make a positive, lasting difference within your community
- Support to grow and develop your knowledge
If you have a strong understanding of community work and share Oasis UK’s values, this is an incredible opportunity to deliver vital services that are helping to transform communities.
Our vision is for a community where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their God-given potential. In this role, you will have the chance to deliver services that enable people to flourish socially, emotionally, physically and spiritually.
As the Community Hub Leader, you work closely with our partners, the United Reformed Church, to lead the development of our church. You will also lead the development of all youth and community work at Oasis Hub MediaCityUK.
Oasis Hub MediaCityUK was launched in 2014 and is situated in Ordsall, Salford. With a big focus on developing a community movement, the Hub has created a range of initiatives to support children, adults and families.
Working towards the vision of integrated community delivery, you will oversee the success of a number of services, including advisory services, emergency support services, children’s/youth work, targeted families work and chaplaincy.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with the United Reformed Church to grow a team who can develop a culturally relevant expression of Church as part of the Hub
- Liaise with Hub leaders to develop a Hub vision, strategy and plan that is informed by a local needs assessment
- Oversee the Hub income generation strategy
- Recruit staff and volunteers to support the success of our community work
- Develop key community services to benefit our academy and wider community
To join us as a Community Hub Leader, you will need:
- A thorough understanding of the principles, developments and best practice of community work and its potential for raising standards
- A degree level qualification and/or professional qualification in community development or teaching
- Have a vision for church at the heart of community development
Please note, as this role is essential to the ethos and direction of our church and its work, there is an occupational requirement for applicants to actively embrace the Christian ethos and values, message and mission of our organisation.
Previous management and leadership training would be beneficial, as would community development experience. A theological qualification would also be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Community Development Leader, Community Services Leader, Chaplain, Community Services Team Leader, or Community Development Project Manager.
The closing date for applications is midday on 21st October 2019. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 1st November 2019.
If you are interested in finding out more about Oasis UK, Oasis Hub MediaCityUK, the Church and this role, please come along to an information evening on Monday the 7th October (6:30pm) at Oasis Academy Media City UK, King William Street, Salford, M50 3UQ.
So, if you are seeking a rewarding new role as a Community Hub Leader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week