North West Development and Operations Manager
Operations Hub JOB DESCRIPTION
Job title: North West Development and Operations Manager
Location: Message HQ, Lancaster House, Sharston, Manchester
Hours: Full Time (35 hours per week) which will include some evening and weekend work.
Grade: £29,620 per annum
Responsible to: North West Hub Leader
Summary of main purpose of the job:
- To manage, create, implement, maintain and develop vision and strategy to raise the profile of The Message in North West, including through networking and fundraising events that will raise prayer, money, people and influence. Working in conjunction with other teams across The Message.
- Manage daily running of the operations of North West Hub based at HQ.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Create a yearly vision and strategy document to help raise the profile and awareness of The Message with supporters, businesses, churches and recruits, working closely with Creative team at HQ.
- Collate encouraging stories, photos, thoughts for social media, updates, website and publicity.
- Manage communications with partner churches, organisations, business and personal supporters as well as with all Message national departments.
- Support all North West departments in activities they are running, working alongside Message HQ in this.
- Create and manage a North West prayer network, to have effective and easy ways of contacting when in need of emergency prayer Champions.
- Look into creative and effective ways for us to communicate more efficiently with the entire Message network e.g. prayer days, vision weekends, socials, retreat weekends, trips.
- Plan, brand and execute at least one fundraising event per year which brings together and celebrates all North West departments, Eden teams and partner churches.
- Develop other creative support-raising events, dinners and/or challenges.
- Identify potential funding sources and actively seek contributions to the ministry from friends, family members and your local church.
- Manage Message online systems including Raisers Edge NXT on behalf of North West Hub.
- To work with the National Bus Manager to develop a bus ministry for the North West
- Help local churches launch or grow local youth ministry with the Message Bus.
- Use the Message Bus to help new or possible Eden areas to stir the ground for future work.
- Clear strategic thinker
- Energy and business acumen, innovation and entrepreneurial skills
- Open and sharing approach to working in partnership with the Executive Team and UK team
- Good leadership, team-building, motivational and staff management skills
- Able to balance financial and non-financial objectives, analyse information, make sound judgements, appraise performance and manage risk
- Networking, influencing, promotional and negotiating skills. Able to develop and sustain public and voluntary sector partnerships
- Strong self-motivation
- A ‘hands-on’ attitude, able to roll-up sleeves and pitch-in with practical task delivery
- Successful management track record including change and innovation
- Competent in computer/IT skills
- Event organising abilities
Any information relating to people contacted by the Trust acquired in the course of duty must be treated in strictest confidence and must be discussed only within the confines of the work setting with the appropriate members of staff.
Any information relating to staff acquired in the course of duty must be treated in the strictest confidence and must be discussed only with senior staff members or with the line manager.
This job description is not exhaustive and amendments and additions may be required in line with future organisational changes.
The successful candidate for this post will be asked to apply for a Disclosure. The Message has decided that this shall be at the level of: Enhanced. Further information about the Disclosure scheme can be found at www.disclosure.gov.uk.
It is an occupational requirement that the postholder must be a committed Christian who believes in the Lordship of Christ and the authority of scripture, and who wants to see the Christian message communicated effectively to young people.
All Message staff are set a personal fundraising target. We ask that the successful applicant has a minimum of £75 per month of regular financial support before commencing employment increasing to £125 per month by the end of the 3-month probation period and aims to add one a month after that. Training and support will be given to help you achieve this. Staff are also expected to organise and take part in, at least one fundraising or other sponsored event annually.