Development and Operations Manager
About the Role
Job Title: Wales Development and Operations Manager
Location: Wales hub office (Cardiff)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Full Time Salary: £25-£29k dependent upon experience. C1-C9
Start date: March / April 2020
Responsible to: Wales Hub Leader (Mat Walls)
Our Wales Development and Operations Manager will develop and implement the Wales strategy and communications.
We’re looking for a motivated, creative person with the ability to strategically think & plan, with excellent networking & administrative skills to join the growing Message Wales team. You will have vision for the work of Message Wales, with a heart to share the gospel and find innovative ways to grow the work through our various ministries.
Summary of Main Purpose of the Job
Manage, create, implement, maintain and develop vision and strategy to make Message Wales more effective whilst raising our profile through branding, social media, communications, networking and fundraising events to raise prayer, money, people and influence. Manage daily running of the operations of Wales Hub based at Wales hub office (Dinas, Powys, Cardiff)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a yearly vision and strategy document for effective branding and communication with Message supporters, businesses, churches and recruits, working closely with Creative team at HQ.
- Collate encouraging stories, photos, thoughts for social media, updates, website and publicity.
- Manage communications with partner churches, organisations, business and personal supporters as well as with all Message national departments.
- Support all Wales hub departments in developing their reach via social media and growing the list of supporters who receive updates.
- Support all Wales departments in effective branding and advertising the activities they are running, working alongside Message HQ in this.
- Create and manage a Wales prayer network, to have effective and easy ways of contacting when in need of emergency prayer Champions.
- Look into creative and effective ways for us to communicate more efficiently with the entire Message network e.g. prayer days, vision weekends, socials, retreat weekends, trips.
- Plan, brand and execute at least one fundraising event per year which brings together and celebrates all Wales departments, Eden teams and partner churches.
- Develop other creative support-raising events, dinners and/or challenges.
- Identify potential funding sources and actively seek contributions to the ministry from friends, family members and your local church.
For over 15 years, The Message has been running faith-based self-development courses in prisons and youth offenders institutions throughout the UK and South Africa.
We’ve seen hundreds of men and women graduate our programmes and show all the right signs to fulfill their potential upon release. However, with no job or safe place to live on the outside we found that many ended up back in their old criminal lifestyles and entered the vicious cycle of repeat re-offending. Something new was needed.
A vision to provide support, homes, training and jobs emerged and the Message Enterprise Centre (MEC) was born.
The heart of the MEC is to provide ex-offenders or those at risk of offending with full-time jobs in one of our social enterprises, accredited training alongside local colleges, secure housing and tailored Christian support as they look to turn their lives around. It is a model that has proven itself to work time and again and is transforming lives across the globe.
How to apply
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity please contact us on 0161 946 2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org