IT Solutions Apprentice
The post will include but is not limited to:
- Serving as point of contact for staff regarding IT Hardware installations, repairs and replacement
- Ability to understand data, technical terminology, analyse systems requirements and input to software solutions
- Raise purchase orders for IT equipment and peripherals as required for sign-off by the Systems Development Manager
- Support the Systems Development Manager in liaising with contracted telephone and IT support service providers to resolve problems
- Assist in the logging IT assets
- Assist the Systems Development Manager in the research of technological advances and their potential impact on IT systems at Mercy UK
- Assist the Systems Development Manager in maintaining the Salesforce and other Mercy IT systems (e.g. user and data management, creating new fields, processes, workflows, dashboards and reports)
Health and Safety:
- Take an active role in maintaining IT hardware across the Mercy UK site to an excellent standard, ensuring any IT installation is health and safety compliant (e.g. check for trailing wires and/or faulty cables)
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the role.
- The ability to self-organise and work closely with the Maintenance and Project Coordinators to accomplish certain tasks and projects as required.
- Liaise with the Administration Manager to provide ad-hoc support to Front of House (e.g. Reception) as required to cover absences.
- Working closely with all departments and functions across Mercy UK and assisting with data input where required.
- A willingness to remain flexible and contribute strength as a member of a wider team through providing cover where needed and in cultivating a strong and unified team culture.
- Upholding and sharing the strong Christian foundation on which Mercy UK is built.
- A willingness to attend conferences, exhibitions or events as a Mercy UK advocate. This will include opportunities to engage, minister and pray with people-helpers as well as vulnerable individuals; attend different church expressions, worship and sermons and manning the Mercy product/information stand as part of a team.
- Commit to actively fundraise, create positive partnerships and raise the profile of Mercy UK.
- Undertake training, attend staff meetings and show commitment to personal and professional development.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality, disclosure and safeguarding policies and use discretion at all times.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands-on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- BCS Security and Legislation
- BCS Core Technologies
- BCS Methodologies and Principles
- Hardware or Software Option
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.