Social Media Outreach Specialist
JOB TITLE Social Media Outreach Specialist
REPORTING TO MJK CEO Tim Cooke
OFFICE BASE Oldham, Greater Manchester with home working for out of office hours work.
JOB TYPE 24 hours per week / possibility of Full-Time
SALARY £25,000 pro rata
START DATE ASAP
We exist to Make Jesus Known and reach the world for him. As a small team we are having a global impact, reaching the masses with the message of Jesus. We are focussed on sharing the good news with as many people as possible, fully reliant on the power of God to see him transform lives. We work hard and play hard!
We are committed to being sold out for Christ and seeing lives transformed. As a team we look to be the best we can be both professionally and spiritually. Working here means you will become part of the MJK family, and have the room to grow into all God wants. We also have a lot of fun together - team BBQs, escape rooms, prayer days, and lots of laughs.
If you are looking for somewhere you can belong, passionately share your faith and have a lot of fun then we are the right place for you.
Our vision as a ministry it to be a social media influence for Jesus. We already have a great foundation to build on and are looking for a driven individual to join our team and help take our online ministry presence to the next level.
Our online videos are reaching hundreds of thousands each month, with tens of thousands of engagements and many coming to Christ. This area of our work is rapidly expanding. As we move into our new HQ this is an exciting time to join a growing ministry.
Over the last decade our mission teams have also shared the gospel face to face with over 300,000 young people through our band 'Crossfya' and see incredible responses. We have developed cutting edge discipleship resources ‘The Faith Gang’ and ‘iTruth App’ to disciple those we reach.
You will be a highly gifted Social Media Specialist who will manage the growing number of people we are seeing respond online and help grow our work to reach our potential.
The Social Media Outreach Specialist is a newly created role that will report to the Chief Executive. In response to the large numbers of engagement we are seeing online and the responses to the gospel we have created this role to manage the online responses and engagement with our content.
We are looking to employ 2 people in these roles part-time so that the work can be rotated (eg working alternate weekends / evenings).
1. Social Media Management
- Managing the social media accounts (creating, scheduling and posting the content) including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and other relevant platforms like Twitter and TikTok.
- Designing unique, engaging and compelling content (images, pictures, texts) to increase user engagement.
- Responding to messages, comments, likes and shares on Social Media
- Implementing strategy for Paid Adverts to maximise impact and reach.
2. Response Management
- Utilising chatbot to manage those who respond / are seeking
- Responding to messages / questions / comments
- Connecting people with local churches
- Liaising with the prayer ministry team to pray for those who have responded
- Work to high personal and professional standards; working proactively towards challenging personal and organisational goals, taking responsibility for resolving problems.
- Manages time effectively and punctually; meeting deadlines; adapting to changes in priority and working flexibly.
- Ability to work flexible hours (there will be a need for out of core office hour working eg at weekends and evenings)
- Experience in managing digital content across all major social networks (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter).
- Experience in graphic design and copywriting.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Social Media Marketing.
- Ability to answer difficult questions about Christianity
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Is passionate, resilient and conveys a positive attitude.
- Has strong interpersonal skills and demonstrates integrity and reliability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and remain focused on task.
As part of your employment you are also expected to:
• Comply with the MJK Staff Protocols
• Deepen your relationship with God through personal prayer and Bible study
• Promote & uphold the reputation of MJK and to support its vision
• It is an occupational requirement that the successful candidate is a Christian and is in full agreement with the MJK statement of faith
How to Apply
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
• A covering letter of no more than two pages summarising:
- 1.Your proven ability with regard to the Person specification outlined above
- 2.Your spiritual history & goals and how you hope that this job may fit it
- Please provide examples of recent work by sending through a portfolio or show-reel
- A full CV including 2 references, one of whom is your church leader.