London City Mission
Do you have experience in managing a customer-facing environment, with an in-depth understanding of teams, scheduling and stock management?
Are you passionate about hospitality and making Jesus known? If you’re someone that takes initiative in these areas, then this could be the role for you.
Husk is looking for a Café Manager to join our talented and dedicated team. We are a creative and contemporary café space where the diverse community of Tower Hamlets gather, connect, learn, grow and have the conversations that matter most. We are dedicated to serving high-quality coffee and delicious food. As a project of London City Mission, we seek to communicate the good news of Jesus in all we do.
The Café Manager will be leading a team of Baristas and Café Assistants. The role involves maintaining a delicious food and drinks menu, setting standards among café staff with a focus on delivering high class customer service. You will deal directly with suppliers for ordering.
As Cafe Manager you will have overall management of the café team as well conduct ongoing training as well as oversee the systems and processes within the café. You will also be fully involved in the spiritual life of Husk, taking the lead in team devotions and being ready at all times to share your faith.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a unique mission in Tower Hamlets where evangelism and overseeing the smooth running of a cafe go hand-in-hand.
• Take an active involvement in the Husk lead team, contributing to the long-term missional vision of Husk, and help to communicate/demonstrate this within the café team.
• Be responsible for leading weekly team briefing meetings and devotional times.
• Be willing and ready at all times to give account of your Christian faith.
• Participate in the wider missional life of Husk, including, occasionally, taking part in outreach.
• Plan and ensure the preparation of an attractive basic food and drinks menu which reflects the context of the neighbourhood.
• Oversee quality of food production and excellent customer service.
• Ensure the smooth running of the café, taking responsibility for stock-taking and ordering.
• Manage the café team weekly rota, including scheduling and annual leave.
• Oversee and support café staff, volunteers and gap year placements. This includes recruitment, looking after team morale, training sessions and occasional staff socials.
• Maintain hygiene standards in the café, i.e. tidiness and cleanliness in food preparation, and personally.
• Cater for occasional events outside the normal café hours (with time off in lieu).
• Deputise for the Operations Manager where necessary and assist with the café accounts.
• Work occasional evenings and some Saturdays when required.
- Lead daily prayer before café opens
- Lead team devotions
• Any other duties that contribute to the smooth running of the café.
If Jesus centred mission and café management excites you then we’d love to hear from you at Husk!
There is an occupational requirement that the person appointed be an evangelical Christian.
To apply Visit our website: https://www.lcm.org.uk/get-involved/join-our-team/cafe-manager