About London City Mission
At London City Mission we are passionate about sharing the love of God and the good news of Jesus Christ with the least reached in London, and to do this in partnership with churches.
To help us do that, we have developed a set of values which shape the way we work and relate with each other:
Rooted in Christ - We are prayerfully dedicated to doing God’s will and living in His way, according to His word
Christ-Like Love - We look not to our own interests but to the interest of others because we are united as brothers and sisters in Christ
God Glorifying Excellence - We pursue the best that we can to glorify God and serve each other in all we do
Spirit-Inspired Perseverance and Courage - Standing firm, pushing through, paying the price for the sake of Christ and the gospel
About the Role
Overall Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the Contracts Manager is:
- Selecting and managing competent contractors for the approved contractor list
- Refurbishment of up to 30 void residential properties
- Contractor and works management
- Meeting compliance and H&S requirements
- You are wholly committed to growing in your evangelical faith, rooted in Christ. Prayer and the study of the Bible is foundational in your own spiritual walk.
- You will have a passion to reach least and difficult to reach communities in London with the gospel.
- You will enjoy working alongside Christians.
- You will have excellent people and administration skills.
Summary of Main Responsibilities
- Scope out, tender and oversee the refurbishment of 20 new and 15 existing residential properties
- Report and monitor progress
- Deliver on time, to budget
- Meet Charities Act and internal governance requirements
Responsibilities (see full job description attached)
- To support the Facilities Manager in ensuring all purchased and void return properties are refurbished to an agreed standard, in a timely and cost-effective manner with contracts being closed off
- Increase pool of approved contractors and verify through tenders
- Tender works package to 5-6 new and existing contractors
- Assess properties, arrange compliance surveys, interpret surveys, prepare & issue schedules of works
- Produce tender reports, obtain approval to proceed
- Appoint and monitor contractors
- Liaise with planned occupiers (client) and other key stakeholders to ensure projects meet client requirements
- Manage multiple refurbishment projects simultaneously
- Manage project health and safety and compliance matters
- Carry out snagging and ensure works are complete
- Ensure property is ready for occupation
- Manage resident move in and related property vacating
- Collate compliance certification and final project sign off
- Report progress to stakeholders on a weekly basis
- Perform any other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required
Location: Blended working between Site, Home & London City Mission, Head Office at least as long Covid-19 restrictions are required. Very occasionally elsewhere
in England or Wales
Contract Duration: Minimum 18-month fixed term contract, 40hrs per week
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum plus 11.5% pension
Genuine Occupational Requirement
Due to the nature of this role, there is a genuine occupational requirement of the successful candidate having an active evangelical Christian faith and commitment to the vision of London City Mission
Applications must be received by 18th June 2021. However, relevant candidates may be interviewed before the closing date and the position may close earlier than the stated date.
Please fill out the attached candidate bio details form, along with a copy of your CV and a cover letter stating why you have applied for the role and why you feel that you are well suited to the role. Please send all documentation to email@example.com. All applications will be acknowledged and responded to.
|Contract Manager Job Spec.pdf||1.54 MB|
|Candidate Bio Details - LCM - Contracts Manager.docx||100.91 KB|
London, City of