Church Engagement Manager
Our ambition for growth and change in mission must be matched by an ambition to raise the funds we need to support mission and to enable London City Mission to become financially sustainable. We are, therefore investing in developing the Fundraising and Supporter Partnerships team further and we have a number of roles available to get involved in this gospel mission to London. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidates will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God. If that’s you then we want to hear from you.
London City Mission serves the Church of London in sharing the love of God and the good news of Jesus Christ with the least reached of London
One in three people don’t have a Christian friend to invite them to Church, open a Bible with them, or tell them the good news of Jesus. LCM want to see that change. The world has come to London – they long to see the gospel taken to the world by working alongside Churches to visit homes and go out into the streets of London with the good news of the gospel.
The Church Engagement Manager will play a key role in helping London City Mission achieve a sustained increase in their funds but also enabling them to partner in mission with more local churches. This will contribute to them achieving their ambitious five year goal: to mobilise and better support a growing, flourishing Church that is sharing the love of God and good news of Jesus Christ with London’s least reached communities. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidate will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God.
To take the lead on developing gospel partnerships for mission support with churches by growing the number of giving churches, both in London and beyond. Creating partnerships that grow commitment in terms of donations, prayer and volunteering to see least reached people in London hear the good news of Jesus Christ.
Working alongside the ministries team to undertake relational negotiations on the financial aspects of the creation of church partnerships for mission. To represent London City Mission (LCM) in the UK Christian sector and inspire church leaders about urban mission.
Specialist Competencies (full job description attached)
- At least three years’ fundraising experience
- Track record of successful engagement with, and fundraising from, churches
- Proven experience of developing and managing relationships with church leaders, including face-to-face relationships
- Experience of developing effective resources for use in churches
- Experience of creating and managing successful fundraising campaigns
- In-depth understanding of the UK Evangelical Church
- Experience of developing and delivering fundraising strategies
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team around London City Mission’s cause – sharing the good news of Jesus
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals to support London City Mission, passionately communicating our mission of sharing the gospel with the least reached
- Experience of working collaboratively in a way that demonstrates strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills that can be used to underpin a relational approach to the financial aspect of church partnership negotiations
- Experience of successfully working at a senior level in a role requiring strong capacity to make progress in multiple areas with attention to detail
- Experience of using CRMs and MS Office
- Ability to understand and use CRM databases, to maintain accurate records, generate reports and interpret data.
- Commitment to proactive ongoing development of own fundraising knowledge and skills and those of your team
£38,000 - £44,000 per annum - Full Time.
Based at their London Office at 175 Tower Bridge Road, with flexible and working from home options - temporarily working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic
Genuine Occupational Requirement
Due to the nature of this role, there is a genuine occupational requirement of the successful candidate having an active Christian faith and commitment to the vision of London City Mission.
Please send a cover letter, bio details form and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be acknowledged and responded to.
London, City of