Our ambition for growth and change in mission must be matched by an ambition to raise the funds we need to support mission and to enable London City Mission to become financially sustainable. We are, therefore investing in developing the Fundraising and Supporter Partnerships team further and we have a number of roles available to get involved in this gospel mission to London. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidates will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God. If that’s you then we want to hear from you.
London City Mission serves the Church of London in sharing the love of God and the good news of Jesus Christ with the least reached of London
One in three people don’t have a Christian friend to invite them to Church, open a Bible with them, or tell them the good news of Jesus. LCM want to see that change. The world has come to London – they long to see the gospel taken to the world by working alongside Churches to visit homes and go out into the streets of London with the good news of the gospel.
The Database Manager will play a key role in helping London City Mission achieve a sustained increase in their funds, enabling them to achieve their ambitious five year strategy: to mobilise and better support a growing, flourishing Church that is sharing the love of God and good news of Jesus Christ with London’s least reached communities. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidate will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God.
Working as the primary supporter data management specialist within LCM, maintain a central integrated CRM database, working with external suppliers to create the surrounding systems and processes to be used to support the team and to give supporters the best possible experience of partnering with London City Mission for the sake of the gospel. In order to optimise the value that the post holder is able to bring to the organisation, this role has been intentionally developed to operate at a senior level without line management responsibilities or inclusion in more generalist management meetings.
Specialist Competencies (full job description attached)
- At least 2 years’ experience of managing effectively a fundraising database.
- An understanding of how data can optimise fundraising activities based on demonstrable experience.
- Understand the application of up to date legislation governing the activities of data processors.
- Demonstrable experience of training and coaching others in Fundraising CRM use
- The ability to clearly communicate technical data concepts both verbally and through procedures.
- The ability to work with stakeholders at various levels across the organisation, identify their information needs and present information appropriate to your audience.
- A high level of verbal and numerical reasoning and the ability to prepare written reports and presentations for consideration at senior levels.
- The ability to interpret and analyse a range of performance data, applying learning to other aspects of the team’s and organisation’s work.
- Problem-solving and the ability to make connections between multiple sources of information and events or issues, and to formulate effective responses.
- Proactive to spot opportunities to add value and to improve the way we manage and use our data.
- Excellent IT skills including Advanced Excel
- Experience of processing data, accuracy and attention to detail
- Commitment to proactive ongoing development of own data management knowledge and skills
£36,000 - £42,000 per annum
Based at their London Office at 175 Tower Bridge Road, with flexible and working from home options - temporarily working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic
Genuine Occupational Requirement
Due to the nature of this role, there is a genuine occupational requirement of the successful candidate having an active Christian faith and commitment to the vision of London City Mission
Applications must be received by 31st January 2021. However, relevant candidates may be interviewed before the closing date
Please fill out the attached candidate bio details form, along with a copy of your CV - send to email@example.com. All applications will be acknowledged and responded to.
London, City of