Legacy Giving Manager
Our ambition for growth and change in mission must be matched by an ambition to raise the funds we need to support mission and to enable London City Mission to become financially sustainable. We are, therefore investing in developing the Fundraising and Supporter Partnerships team further and we have a number of roles available to get involved in this gospel mission to London. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidates will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God. If that’s you then we want to hear from you.
London City Mission serves the Church of London in sharing the love of God and the good news of Jesus Christ with the least reached of London
One in three people don’t have a Christian friend to invite them to Church, open a Bible with them, or tell them the good news of Jesus. LCM want to see that change. The world has come to London – they long to see the gospel taken to the world by working alongside Churches to visit homes and go out into the streets of London with the good news of the gospel.
The Legacy Giving Manager will play a key role in helping London City Mission achieve a sustained increase in their funds, enabling them to achieve their ambitious five year strategy: to mobilise and better support a growing, flourishing Church that is sharing the love of God and good news of Jesus Christ with London’s least reached communities. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidate will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God.
To develop strong gospel partnerships with increasing numbers of legacy pledgers. Creating compelling propositions to give potential legacy pledgers confidence that leaving a gift in their will to London City Mission (LCM) will achieve gospel impact of lasting value. Providing pledgers with compelling opportunities to connect with LCM to understand the impact of their gift more deeply.
Specialist Competencies (full job description attached)
- Two years fundraising experience
- Experience of creating fundraising or marketing campaigns with a compelling call to action
- Proven experience of growing income through relationship fundraisings
- Experience of producing stewardship plans, proposals and reports
- Experience of managing projects involving internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Experience of creating and implementing supporter journeys with a high level of stewardship
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals to support London City Mission, passionately communicating our mission of sharing the gospel with the least reached in London
- Knowledge of the legacy administration process (further training will be given)
- Good understanding of how to use a CRM database to identify and interpret trends in data
- Commitment to proactive ongoing development of own fundraising knowledge and skills
£30,000 - £36,000 per annum (pro rata) based on 21 hours per week
Based at their London Office at 175 Tower Bridge Road, with flexible and working from home options - temporarily working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic
Genuine Occupational Requirement
Due to the nature of this role, there is a genuine occupational requirement of the successful candidate having an active Christian faith and commitment to the vision of London City Mission
Applications must be received by 31st January 2021. However, relevant candidates may be interviewed before the closing date
Please fill out the attached candidate bio details form, along with a copy of your CV - send to email@example.com. All applications will be acknowledged and responded to.
London, City of