Missionary Fundraising Support Manager
Our ambition for growth and change in mission must be matched by an ambition to raise the funds we need to support mission and to enable London City Mission to become financially sustainable. We are, therefore investing in developing the Fundraising and Supporter Partnerships team further and we have a number of roles available to get involved in this gospel mission to London. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidates will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God. If that’s you then we want to hear from you.
London City Mission serves the Church of London in sharing the love of God and the good news of Jesus Christ with the least reached of London
One in three people don’t have a Christian friend to invite them to Church, open a Bible with them, or tell them the good news of Jesus. LCM want to see that change. The world has come to London – they long to see the gospel taken to the world by working alongside Churches to visit homes and go out into the streets of London with the good news of the gospel.
The Missionary Fundraising Support Manager will play a key role in helping London City Mission achieve a sustained increase in their funds, enabling them to achieve their ambitious five year strategy: to mobilise and better support a growing, flourishing Church that is sharing the love of God and good news of Jesus Christ with London’s least reached communities. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidate will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God.
To provide fundraising support to the 100+ mission staff who diligently serve the local church by working alongside them to reach out with the love of God and the good news of Jesus to those in London least likely to hear of Him. The post holder will work across teams to inspire, equip and coach front line mission staff in successfully reaching their targets to develop gospel partnerships with individuals and churches for their personal mission support.
Specialist Competencies (full job description attached)
- At least two years fundraising experience
- Proven experience of growing income through relationship fundraising
- Experience of producing plans, proposals and reports
- Experience of managing projects involving internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Experience of developing and delivering a supporter journey
- Knowledge of relationship fundraising principles and the ability to deconstruct those principles and explain them in a way that is easy to understand
- Ability to inspire and motivate others around London City Mission’s cause – sharing the good news of Jesus
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals to support London City Mission, passionately communicating our mission of sharing the gospel
- Experience of working collaboratively within a fundraising team and across an organisation, in a way that demonstrates strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Experience of successfully working in a senior role that required strong time management and management of large numbers of internal relationships
- Ability to speak comfortably and compellingly to large groups
- Experience of giving feedback on fundraising content in a supportive and developmental way
- Ability to understand and use CRM databases, to maintain accurate records, generate reports and interpret data
- In-depth understanding of the UK Evangelical Church
- Commitment to proactive ongoing development of own fundraising knowledge and skills
£36,000 - £42,000 per annum
Based at their London Office at 175 Tower Bridge Road, with flexible and working from home options - temporarily working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic
Genuine Occupational Requirement
Due to the nature of this role, there is a genuine occupational requirement of the successful candidate having an active Christian faith and commitment to the vision of London City Mission
Applications must be received by 31st January 2021. However, relevant candidates may be interviewed before the closing date
Please send a cover letter, bio details form (attached) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be acknowledged and responded to.
London, City of