Our ambition for growth and change in mission must be matched by an ambition to raise the funds we need to support mission and to enable London City Mission to become financially sustainable. We are, therefore investing in developing the Fundraising and Supporter Partnerships team further and we have a number of roles available to get involved in this gospel mission to London. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidates will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God. If that’s you then we want to hear from you.
London City Mission serves the Church of London in sharing the love of God and the good news of Jesus Christ with the least reached of London
One in three people don’t have a Christian friend to invite them to Church, open a Bible with them, or tell them the good news of Jesus. LCM want to see that change. The world has come to London – they long to see the gospel taken to the world by working alongside Churches to visit homes and go out into the streets of London with the good news of the gospel.
The Partnerships Officer will play a key role in helping London City Mission achieve a sustained increase in their funds, enabling them to achieve their ambitious five year strategy: to mobilise and better support a growing, flourishing Church that is sharing the love of God and good news of Jesus Christ with London’s least reached communities. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidate will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God.
To develop gospel partnerships with those who have the capacity to make a significant financial difference in support for London City Mission’s ministry. Providing them with opportunities to make significant gifts to London City Mission, and ensuring that they have the best experience possible in partnering with us. To take personal responsibility for the engagement, growth and stewardship of all high value donors and provide support for the wider Major Gifts team in creating engagement with all Key Supporters.
Specialist Competencies (full job description attached)
- Proven experience of relationship fundraising for a charity
- Track record of developing partnerships that result in additional significant gifts from individuals
- Proven experience of developing and managing relationships with high-net worth individuals, including face-to-face relationships
- Experience of organising events to promote good supporter/ customer engagement
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals to support London City Mission, passionately communicating the charity’s mission of sharing the gospel with the least reached
- Strong written communication skills evident, able to create written fundraising materials that develop a compelling value proposition.
- Strong verbal communication skills, influencing and interpersonal skills evident
- Experience of working collaboratively as part of a team
- A practising, evangelical Christian and inspired by London City Mission’s vision and values
- Experience of working autonomously, managing own workload, initiating and developing ideas that create value
- Ability to understand and use CRM databases, to maintain accurate records, generate reports and interpret data.
- Experience of using CRMs and MS Office
- Commitment to proactive ongoing development of own fundraising knowledge and skills
£28,000 - £30,000 per annum
Based at their London Office at 175 Tower Bridge Road, with flexible and working from home options - temporarily working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic
Genuine Occupational Requirement
Due to the nature of this role, there is a genuine occupational requirement of the successful candidate having an active Christian faith and commitment to the vision of London City Mission
Applications must be received by 31st January 2021. However, relevant candidates may be interviewed before the closing date
Please send a cover letter, bio details form (attached) and CV to email@example.com. All applications will be acknowledged and responded to.
London, City of