New Supporter Engagement - Senior Officer
Our ambition for growth and change in mission must be matched by an ambition to raise the funds we need to support mission and to enable London City Mission to become financially sustainable. We are, therefore investing in developing the Fundraising and Supporter Partnerships team further and we have a number of roles available to get involved in this gospel mission to London. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidates will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God. If that’s you then we want to hear from you.
London City Mission serves the Church of London in sharing the love of God and the good news of Jesus Christ with the least reached of London
One in three people don’t have a Christian friend to invite them to Church, open a Bible with them, or tell them the good news of Jesus. LCM want to see that change. The world has come to London – they long to see the gospel taken to the world by working alongside Churches to visit homes and go out into the streets of London with the good news of the gospel.
The Senior New Supporter Engagement Officer will play a key role in helping London City Mission achieve a sustained increase in their funds, enabling them to achieve their ambitious five year strategy: to mobilise and better support a growing, flourishing Church that is sharing the love of God and good news of Jesus Christ with London’s least reached communities. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidate will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God.
To effectively create opportunities for new supporters to move into partnership with London City Mission. Creating compelling opportunities for support through promotion of the difference that donors can make via multiple channels in evangelical media, conferences and social media groupings. To work across teams within London City Mission to identify external touch points with members of the evangelical community and successfully create opportunities for further support.
Specialist Competencies (full job description attached)
- Track record of growing a fundraising or customer base
- Knowledge of how utilising fundraising and marketing principles can be used to generate response
- Proven ability to work with designers to successfully create compelling marketing collateral
- Proven experience of effectively managing relationships with suppliers
- Experience of producing project plans, proposals and reports
- Experience of managing fundraising or marketing projects, providing analysis of the subsequent results and incorporating learnings
- Experience of working collaboratively in a way that demonstrates strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Experience of successfully working across teams at a senior level
- Ability to understand and use CRM databases, to maintain accurate records, generate reports and interpret data.
- Experience of using CRMs and MS Office with good Excel skills
- Commitment to proactive ongoing development of own fundraising knowledge and skills
£29,000 - £35,000 per annum
Based at their London Office at 175 Tower Bridge Road, with flexible and working from home options - temporarily working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic
Genuine Occupational Requirement
Due to the nature of this role, there is a genuine occupational requirement of the successful candidate having an active Christian faith and commitment to the vision of London City Mission
Applications must be received by 31st January 2021. However, relevant candidates may be interviewed before the closing date
Please send a cover letter, bio details form (attached) and CV to email@example.com. All applications will be acknowledged and responded to.
London, City of