Trusts Fundraising Manager
Our ambition for growth and change in mission must be matched by an ambition to raise the funds we need to support mission and to enable London City Mission to become financially sustainable. We are, therefore investing in developing the Fundraising and Supporter Partnerships team further and we have a number of roles available to get involved in this gospel mission to London. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidates will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God. If that’s you then we want to hear from you.
London City Mission serves the Church of London in sharing the love of God and the good news of Jesus Christ with the least reached of London
One in three people don’t have a Christian friend to invite them to Church, open a Bible with them, or tell them the good news of Jesus. LCM want to see that change. The world has come to London – they long to see the gospel taken to the world by working alongside Churches to visit homes and go out into the streets of London with the good news of the gospel.
The Trusts Fundraising Manager will play a key role in helping London City Mission achieve a sustained increase in their funds, enabling them to achieve their ambitious five year strategy: to mobilise and better support a growing, flourishing Church that is sharing the love of God and good news of Jesus Christ with London’s least reached communities. It’s a crucial and exciting time in the history and further development of London City Mission, and through this role the successful candidate will be able to make a difference in London for the salvation of souls and to the glory of God.
The Trusts Fundraising Manager is responsible for developing and managing all charity relationships with Trusts and Foundations, providing them with opportunities to support gospel initiatives of London City Mission (LCM) and to ensure that they receive excellent and timely reports on the difference their gifts have made, providing these Key Supporters with an excellent experience of supporting LCM building multi-year relationships.
Specialist Competencies (full job description attached)
- Significant experience of increasing income from Trust fundraising for a charity
- Good knowledge of a range of Trusts and Foundations that would potentially support gospel ministry.
- Proven track record of regularly securing five figure Trust funding in a single grants
- Proven experience of developing and managing relationships with Trusts and Foundations resulting in multi-year funding
- Excellent research and writing skills as well, as experience writing successful Trust proposals and applications
- Experience of writing timely impact reports for funders that then go on to make repeat gifts
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to support London City Mission, passionately communicating the charity’s mission of sharing the gospel
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills with good experience of working collaboratively across teams
- A practising, evangelical Christian and inspired by London City Mission’s vision and values
- Experience of working autonomously, managing own workload
- Experience of using CRMs and MS Office
- Commitment to proactive ongoing development of own fundraising knowledge and skills
£30,000 - £36,000 per annum (pro rata 21 hours per week)
Based at their London Office at 175 Tower Bridge Road, with flexible and working from home options - temporarily working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic
Genuine Occupational Requirement
Due to the nature of this role, there is a genuine occupational requirement of the successful candidate having an active Christian faith and commitment to the vision of London City Mission
Applications must be received by 31st January 2021. However, relevant candidates may be interviewed before the closing date
Please send a cover letter, bio details form and CV to email@example.com. All applications will be acknowledged and responded to.