Night Project Worker
Do you have a passion for Jesus Christ and a heart for homeless people in London?
The Corner House is a short-term housing project in Waterloo aimed at supporting homeless individuals to make the changes necessary to sustainably move away from life on the street while sharing the love of Jesus with them.
We are looking for two Night Project Workers to join the team. You will be part of the team who look after the day to day running of the project and support our residents to turn their lives around and move away from life on the street.
- You are passionate about working with homeless people and providing the support required to enable genuine lifestyle change.
- You are passionate about partnership with Churches and sharing the love of Jesus with all those we work with.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, whilst being able to work on your own initiative, think creatively and act with the utmost integrity.
About the Role:
- You will work through the evening and overnight ensuring safe and smooth running of the project during opening hours. Night Project Workers will be able sleep between the hours of 00:00 and 06:00 if there are no issues which require attention, although they remain on-call throughout that period should any issues arise.
- You will prepare a community meal each evening in accordance with food hygiene standards which residents, volunteers and staff will eat together.
- You will be available to deal with any issues which arise throughout the evening or overnight.
- You will be involved in or oversee evening activities for the residents.
- You will maintain a safe and engaging environment between residents, staff and volunteers.
- You will share the love of Christ and take opportunities for sharing the gospel with the residents.
- You will ensure that all residents are up in the morning and leave by 07:30.
- You will ensure that everything is left clean and tidy in the morning and that any issues have been reported accordingly.
We are recruiting for two roles for a 12-month fixed term contract.
Hours: 26 Hours per week. 2 x 13-hour shifts working from 19:00 until 08:00.
Salary: £15,980 per annum
39 Hours per week. 3 x 13-hour shifts working from 19:00 until 08:00
Salary: £23,970 per annum
There is an occupational requirement that the person appointed be an evangelical Christian.
As The Corner House is exclusively male only residents, it is essential that the successful candidates for the 39-hour role is male to ensure there is sufficient male staff cover for each night.
For more information or to apply please go to our website on