There are 2.5 million people in London who don’t have a Christian friend. No one to tell them about Jesus. London City Mission is passionate about partnering with churches to see more of the least reached people in London hear about the life-changing message of the gospel.
To help us achieve our ambitious strategy we are looking for a Communications Officer who will work with the rest of the Communications team and other colleagues to:
- Envision the church in London to reach out to the least reached communities around them, to see more people come to know Jesus and give their lives to him
- Introduce Christians and churches with a heart for the gospel and the least reached people to the work of London City Mission
- Inspire churches and individual supporters to continue to partner with us in this mission to the least reached in our city.
The Communications Officer will:
- Be passionate about and skilled in producing and sharing content with a range of audiences in a way that generates engagement and response
- Have a strategic understanding of, and be experienced and proactive in, using digital platforms (eg social media and website) and other methods to communicate creatively and effectively with audiences
- Deliver effective and efficient communications and marketing processes and campaigns
- Be confident in advising and supporting missionaries on their communications.
The Communications Officer has a key role in marketing and delivering communications to a range of Christian stakeholders to envision and equip the church for mission and evangelism to the least reached communities of London.
You’ll be a part of our friendly, professional and creative Communications team which is being refreshed to support our new strategy. You will be encouraged to bring an innovative and problem-solving approach to everything you work on. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated self-starter to join an organisation at the heart of mission to London.
There is an Occupational Requirement that the person appointed be an evangelical Christian.
London City Mission is committed to interviewing all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and will consider them on their abilities.