There are 2.5 million people in London who don’t have a Christian friend. No one to tell them about Jesus. London City Mission is passionate about partnering with churches to see more of the least reached people in London hear about the life-changing message of the gospel.
To help us achieve our ambitious strategy we are looking for a Communications Assistant who will provide communications and administrative support to the Communications Team to:
- Envision the church in London to reach out to the least reached communities around them, to see more people come to know Jesus and give their lives to him
- Introduce Christians and churches with a heart for the gospel and the least reached people to the work of London City Mission
- Inspire churches and individual supporters to continue to partner with us in this mission to the least reached in our city.
The Communications Assistant will:
- Support the planning, coordination, creation and delivery of communications materials and a range of activities
- Assist the others in the team to make best use of their time on a daily basis by supporting with diary and meeting management
- Provide strong administrative support to the Communications team across the range of our activities.
You’ll be a part of our friendly, professional and creative Communications team which is being refreshed to support our new strategy. You will be encouraged to bring an organised approach to your varied workload. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated self-starter to join an organisation at the heart of mission to London.
There is an Occupational Requirement that the person appointed be an evangelical Christian.
London City Mission is committed to interviewing all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and will consider them on their abilities.
This is a part-time role (25 hours per week which includes breaks) and permanent appointment. You would ideally work Monday to Friday as the team will need consistent support, but we could consider a four-day week working arrangement as a minimum.