There are 2.5 million people in London who don’t have a Christian friend. No one to tell them about Jesus. London City Mission is passionate about partnering with churches to see more of the least reached people in London hear about the life-changing message of the gospel.
To help us achieve our ambitious strategy we are looking for a Content Manager who will manage the creation and delivery of our content, working within our Communications team and with colleagues in the wider organisation, to create engaging and compelling content to:
- Envision the church in London to reach out to the least reached communities around them, to see more people come to know Jesus and give their lives to him
- Introduce Christians and churches with a heart for the gospel and the least reached people, to the work of London City Mission
- Inspire churches and individual supporters to continue to partner with us in this mission to the least reached in our city.
The Content Manager will:
- Be passionate about and skilled in telling stories that clearly demonstrate the impact and need for gospel sharing to the least reached in London
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other departments and teams to produce and coordinate excellent communications to a variety of stakeholders, including internally with colleagues and externally with churches and individual Christians
- Be a key person who will project manage the communications aspects of fundraising appeals and campaigns aimed to widen and deepen financial support for the Mission and secure a sustainable increase in donations
- Have a creative flair, and ability to facilitate creative thinking in others too, combined with the ability to deliver quality work to time to meet our needs.
The Content Manager has a key role in managing and driving the development and creation of relevant and compelling content to support the messaging of LCM to a range of Christian stakeholders and to envision and equip the church for mission and evangelism to the least reached communities of London.
You’ll be a part of our friendly, professional and creative Communications team which is being refreshed to support our new strategy. You will be responsible for line managing a Content Creator. You’ll have experience with developing and supporting people in their work and overseeing the workflow of the team and external suppliers. This is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about telling stories of lives changed by Jesus, to join an organisation at the heart of mission to London.
There is an Occupational Requirement that the person appointed be an evangelical Christian.
London City Mission is committed to interviewing all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and will consider them on their abilities.
Flexible working requests will be considered.