Chief Executive Officer – Lighthouse Homes
Reporting to: Chair of Board (or nominated Trustee)
Key working Relationships:
- Chief Operations Officer, Chair of Board, or nominated Trustee.
- Direct report staff team…admin, finance, property and facility teams, plus volunteers, chaplaincy and housekeeping.
Lighthouse Homes is a Christian Charity and Company limited by guarantee, which exists to relieve poverty, and advance the education of people, particularly those who are homeless in the Rotherham area.
Lighthouse Homes offer Christian inspired residential communities, providing opportunities for change in both lifestyle and values. Our aims include the advance of the Christian faith. We are an ecumenical project, whose roots are in Churches Together. However, all are welcome at Lighthouse Homes, those of all faiths and none.
- Stability by ensuring an environment of safety
- Dignity by demonstrating genuine respect
- Friendship by creating a compassionate community
- Purpose by sharing a life-giving faith
- A plan by encouraging new opportunities
About the Role
- Work as part of the Senior management team, including chair of Trustees, Nominated Trustees Line Manager and Operations Director to oversee entire operation of the companies.
- Develop and oversee a strategic plan and business model for approval and review by the board of trustees, to achieve sustainable growth in numbers of homeless clients we can house.
- Work in parallel with the Operations team to ensure best practice is communicated, implemented and aspired to by the entire staff and volunteer team
- Operate within the annual budget and ensure management and HR policies are up-to-date and effectively implemented, working with operations team.
- Support and lead the building of relationships with partners, politicians, the media and local government officials in order to advance the organisation’s aims
- Establish, monitor and report key indicators of the organisation’s impact and financial health. Supply regular reports to the trustee board and attend and guide trustee and sub-committee meetings
- Represent the organisation at external events and publicity opportunities
- Maintain awareness of risks and changes in the external environment that affect the organisation
- Build an effective working relationship with the chair of the trustees and appointed trustee line manager
- Ensure the organisation’s staff and volunteers are focused on achieving its mission and aims
- Ensure the organisation fulfils its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities
- Establish mechanisms for listening to the views of beneficiaries on the organisation’s performance
- Deliver the organisation’s business plan, with the operations team and, if necessary, help the organisation to win contracts from public bodies or develop social enterprise ‘spin offs’
- Help to build a sustainable income from individual, corporate, legacy and trust donations
- Represent the organisation to the media and give interviews
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role then we would love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com for an application form. We look forward to hearing from you!