Who We Are
Lighthouse Homes is a Christian Charity and Company limited by guarantee, which exists to relieve poverty, and advance the education of people, particularly those who are homeless in the Rotherham area.
Lighthouse Homes offer Christian inspired residential communities, providing opportunities for change in both lifestyle and values. Our aims include the advance of the Christian faith. We are an ecumenical project, whose roots are in Churches Together. However, all are welcome at Lighthouse Homes, those of all faiths and none.
About the Vacancy
The main purpose of the job is to:
Create a professional, safe and high quality environment which enables residents to discover and develop a purpose and plan for their lives.
Main responsibilities are:
- Ensure the effective operation of the Lighthouse Project- its day to day running, assessing, monitoring- reviewing progress and providing support across a broad range of areas. Achieve maximum safe occupancy of the project.
- Lead a team of staff and volunteers, achieving project objectives and maximising the change process for residents. Build the faith based ethos of Lighthouse Homes.
- Ensure the health and safety of the residents, staff/volunteers and the building.
- Ensure that the finances of the project are maintained within budget and that income is maximised.
- Ensure that the building/environment standards are high and that we are offering excellence in our provision to residents. Ensure property maintenance is timely, effective and economical.
- Network to promote the work of Lighthouse Homes, ensuring a high profile in the area, linking to Churches, other professionals, community organisations, and funders. Write professional reports, quickly and concisely, addressed to a range of stakeholders/partners.
- Lead the staff and volunteer team in the change/development process, taking new initiatives, improving and expanding service and looking always to improve our work with the homeless.
How to Apply
Please see the attached supporting documents for a full job description and person specification. For an informal discussion, please contact Maggie Morris on 01246 205793 or 07549 951054.