Ladywell Convent - FMDM
Special care is given to our FMDM Sisters who, after years of active ministry in different parts of the world, have now retired. Sisters and staff all play a part in making each community setting a place of welcome, comfort and safety for all who live, work and visit there, so that in everything we do, we witness to Christ’s unconditional love reaching out to all.
In Ladywell there are three quite distinct communities
La Verna – a care community – where full support services are required
St Clare’s – a community – where the need for support services will increase over the coming years.
St Francis – a leadership community – minimal support services required.
About the role
- One of your key responsibilities will be preparing meals from the daily menu. You will get to know our residents and will respond to any special dietary requirements or preferences, promoting choice, dignity and respect
- Ordering and managing the kitchen supplies in the absence of a chef in charge
- You will also be responsible for checking and kitchen equipment
- You will complete all necessary paperwork which will include COSHH, HACPP, whilst adhering to company policies and procedures
- You will support the Chef in Charge through training and support other kitchen staff – such as kitchen assistants.
- Occasionally, you will help cater for ad hoc special events. These may include feast day celebrations, birthday celebrations, BBQ’s and Christmas parties.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a chef who has lots of drive and enthusiasm to be part of a dedicated team. It is essential that you have experience of working in a fresh food production kitchen. You will be passionate about food, current eating trends and understand the importance of good quality, home cooking.
You’re hard-working with experience working in a busy kitchen. Ideally, you’ve already got some experience in a care home/residential setting. You’re also a caring person who understands how important mealtimes are to older, vulnerable people. You’re a good team player who takes pride in your job and is happy to go the extra mile. You know the importance of food hygiene and health and safety. Above all, you want to be a valued member of a friendly team.