Sports Coaches - Seasonal Contract
**This role is a seasonal contract which requires someone who will be free during the school holidays when our day camps operate**
Kings Camps is part of the Kings Foundation (a 'not for profit' organisation). We combine the best elements of a holiday club, sports camp and activity holiday into weeks of fun and adventure for children during the holidays. With a superb variety of multi-activity and specialist sport programmes, children of all ages and interests get the chance to develop their skills and abilities, have fun and enjoy a wide range of sports and activities
A Multi-Sports Coach is responsible for planning and delivering the Multi-Active programme, combining different sports and activities for 5-14 year olds.
Multi-Sports Coaches are responsible for coaching and looking after a group of up to 20 children (ratios vary depending on child ages), delivering high-energy, fun and inclusive sessions that ensure every child is engaged and makes progress, regardless of their ability.
Activities can include anything from coaching football, tennis and badminton to leading team-building games. Each session is typically (depending on age) between 30 and 60 minutes long.
Coaches are not expected to stand on the sidelines, instead, they actively participate, showcasing skills, demonstrating good practice and most importantly…having fun!
We’re looking for high-energy individuals who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A passion for working with children and young people
- At least 6 months experience working with 5 – 17-year-olds
- Experience coaching a sport, leading games or delivering activities
- A willingness to liaise with parents, delivering high-quality customer service
- A real team player who’s happy to rotate duties and form positive relationships
- You’ll need to be flexible, with a willingness to adapt
- Possess leadership skills and a vibrant and confident personality
- Not afraid to get involved in any additional paperwork or preparation
Locations, Working Hours & Pay
- We run Kings Camps in over 55 locations across England, Scotland and Wales
- Hours vary each day in line with child numbers but we’re looking for coaches to be fully available between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, during the school holidays
- We pay at least the national living wage plus additional accrued holiday pay, additional pay is also available for First Aid qualified individuals
- Ongoing training and performance evaluations will feature in the role, with structured support from your Manager. High-performing coaches will be entered onto our staff development programme, with the aim of securing a future promotion (we actively seek to promote from within!) and a priority contract for the following season!
For those who cannot commit to coaching for 3 full weeks, we also have opportunities available as Bank Multi-Sports Coaches, giving you increased flexibility around your work or studies.
If you're interested in learning more simply click here to apply or follow this link https://www.kingsrecruit.com/apply-for-work/?event=
Suitability Selection Process
The Kings Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Safer recruitment is central to the way we work and all staff and volunteers are expected to share our commitment to safeguarding, always creating an environment where young people feel safe and can thrive