The King's Cross Church, Hexthorpe, Doncaster
The The King’s Cross Church, Hexthorpe, Doncaster
Job Description for The King’s Cross Church Family Worker
The appointed person will be employed full time for a period of three years, beginning on 01/04/2020. The appointee will seek, with others, to build on the excellent work that has taken place over the previous three years. They will operate under a line manager and management team. In theology, they must be evangelical so in agreement with the Deed of Union of the Methodist Church.
1. To be the lead person in this area of the church’s work seeking to bring people to faith and disciple them within the life of the church.
2. To become a committed member of the church. For example worshipping at both Sunday services, whenever possible, and joining in the prayer and fellowship life of TKCC. Offering their services as a church member.
3. To live in proximity to the community which the church serves.
4. To continue the development and training of the strong, existing teams and bring in new volunteers.
5. To be involved as leader or subsidiary leader in the existing work:
· Junior church
· All Age Worship
· Primary Academy assembly team with some classroom work
· Mega cruz (Key Stage 2)
· The Engine Room (Family fun and worship sessions)
· Sara Group (Toddler Group)
· Club XYZ (Teenage Bible Study)
· Holiday Club
· Youth Club
· Impact - High School lunchtime group
6. To spend an agreed amount of time in The Junction – the church’s community centre - working with those people specified in the Job Title and making firm two way links with TKCC and its activities in all its buildings.
7. To build, increase and sustain personal relationships with existing adults and families and establish new ones. This is seen as a main aspect of the work. To be hospitable. Undertake some pastoral visiting.
8. To organise with others, a range of further developments such as:
· Youth Involvement services
· Sports and other suitable activities in The Crossing, our redeveloped hall, as well as other community events there.
· Providing opportunities that integrate people from different backgrounds and ethnic groups.
· Making specific efforts to relate well to Roma groups.
· Parenting courses at the local Academies and in the church.
· Times away for various groups such as Christian activity breaks, Youth Camps, Limitless and family holidays.
9. To encourage and facilitate increased prayer for this work within TKCC and elsewhere.
10. To participate in training that is agreed as suitable by the management team. To keep up to date with 21st century evangelical methods. To help the church continually consider its life and worship as it affects those with whom you work.
11. To relate to other evangelicals, in all denominations, including Doncaster Youth for Christ, doing similar work providing mutual benefit for those who are the focus of the work.
12. To agree your working times and holidays with the line manager. Working hours may vary week by week, so records must be kept in the form agreed by the management team and seen by them.
13. To report your work and discuss all delights and concerns with the line-manager and management team and Church Council.
14. To undertake any other work that may reasonably be required and fits within this framework.