Children and Families Worker
Salary: £20,000 to 25,000 per annum based on experience, plus employer pension contributions
Hours: 36 hours per week (working pattern to be agreed but will include Sunday mornings and
Contract: 3 years’ subject to completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 6 months and
annual performance reviews
Annual Leave Entitlement: 25 days plus bank holidays
We at King’s Church are an independent church family situated in Little Lever, a small town of 12,000 people that is situated between Bolton and Bury. The town has a strong community feel with numerous local businesses, community groups, 4 primary schools and a high school.
We are a church that wants to continue to positively impact our community. We passionately love Jesus and we passionately love people. We are Bible focused, Spirit led and a relevant and relational church that reaches out to people with the Good News of Jesus, equipping and releasing them to impact our community and beyond.
About the Role
We are seeking a Christian who is passionate about working with Primary School age children and their families. We already have a children’s ministry at King’s Church and we are looking for a strong visionary leader who can work with our current volunteers to take the ministry further with a creative and innovative approach.
The Person we are looking for:
- Is passionate about seeing children and families come to faith in Jesus Christ and thrive in
- their faith.
- Has experience of working with children.
- Embraces the vision and values of King’s Church and becomes fully involved with church life.
- Has a heart and vision to see the children’s ministry grow in quality, numbers and spirituality.
- Has effective and creative communication skills and is able to interact well with children.
- Can work well on own initiative whilst also being a good team player.
- Ideally has 2 years’ experience in a teaching role and/or experience of working with families.
- Has good organisational and administrative skills.
- Is creative and innovative regarding children’s activities e.g. games, teaching, arts and craft etc.
- Has experience of, or is willing to learn, how to create and upload video content.
- Is dedicated to growing in own personal relationship with God.
- Dresses presentably and ensures good personal hygiene as an ambassador of Christ.
Details about the church, a full Job Description and Person Specification can be found in the attached document.
To apply, please send a covering letter to introduce yourself and tell us why you're the person we are looking for along with an up-to-date CV (including details of two referees - one personal, one professional) via email to email@example.com
For any further information about the role please contact John Kell at firstname.lastname@example.org; who can answer any questions and also arrange a time to talk on the phone if helpful.